"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Challenge

Ok, so you know that two of my resolutions for 2012 were to blog more and take more pictures.  Well, I think I may have found a way to help me accomplish both.  As if I have any more time to devote to various social media/blogging addictions I have begun a few challenges.  All designed first and foremost to be fun, secondly to accomplish resolutions, and thirdly why not?

You know I began my 365 project about taking a picture a day all year long, follow me here, and I am proud to say that I have maintained it for 32 straight days!  1 month down, 11 more to go!  I have really been enjoying it.  Just posting pictures of whatever and/or looking for interesting shots throughout the day.  Well, I have 2 other photo challenges that I am beginning, on just popping up today!  I am totally into the Instagram app on my iPhone and noticed through a friend about a January photo-a-day challenge about mid-way through the month.  Well, then a February one popped up so I was all on that!  Plus I was able to find another great blog, this one, to follow.  She's the source of the aforementioned photo-a-day challenges!  Each day has a topic/theme, today's was "your view today".  I tried to get a shot all day long but was so busy that it didn't happen until tonight.  But I think it turned out great.  Always wanting a sweet/snack, here was my first entry:


So, as I'm going into Instagram to post, I see (from the same friend, thebirdandtheb) another photo-a-day challenge.  Seriously?  Could/should I take something else on?  I mean, it's nothing life-threatening or incredibly time-consuming but still.  This challenge was totally different though, focusing on a different photography skill a day, see here, today's being line.  Well, this sounded fun.  It would also be a way to not only take pictures, but maybe find/create some fun artsy photos.  Plus, as with my 365 project, all can easily be done with my iPhone which is never more than an arm's length away!  Here's my entry for the skill one:



Again, I really like the way it turned out.

So, those challenges are relatively small and easy to accomplish.  Plus with 3 photo challenges I am bound to take tons of great pictures!  Who knows, I may even improve my photo-snapping skills too!  Plus, I figure I can double up on some between the 3 if I need to, although 3 separate ones will be fun!  If I can do it I will most likely take part in the monthly challenge so it's also a bit of a long-term project.

The last challenge is a bit, ok a lot, more daunting.  I stumbled upon it one day while perusing Bloggers "Blogs of Note".  It was called the Blogging A to Z Challenge.  In a nutshell you blog every day, except for Sundays, throughout the month of April.  Each post's title follows in alphabetical order.  Start on the 1st, finish on the 30th.  Part of the deal is also to visit the other participating blogs and hobnob with others out there.  Since reading and writing blogs are one of my social media addictions I thought this would be fun.  Plus It would be a great way to accomplish my "blog more often" resolution.  I have grabbed the button (find it on the right column, maybe scroll down a bit) and I've signed up, so I'm all set.  Now all I have to do is mentally prepare.  They've suggested pre-writing blogs and scheduling them so you don't get overwhelmed, that and begin thinking about post titles and topics so as not to suddenly hit a wall.  Those two things make it seem a bit more challenging, but I still think it will be tons of fun.  Who knows, maybe I'll gain some followers here in Drosche Land, or at least get a few more visits!

So, there you have it.  Apparently I wasn't busy enough with our two wacky boys, Stella on the way, 2 dogs, and a job.  I needed a little spice!  Plus social media/blogging and photography are my hobbies (addictions) and everyone needs a hobby right?  So, check back in April once the challenge begins and/or follow me on Instagram or Twitter for all of the challenge fun!  I'm excited!

All is well, challenged, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment