"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Snapshot - Artist

I've always loved art. I loved my art classes in high school and some of the pictures I took in Photography placed at a (small, private school) state competition. My favorite college class was an Art History course I took and if I'd had the time (and not squandered it being "Undecided") I would have taken more Art courses. Hence the reason I am so excited about getting back into photography a bit, even if it is something as simple as a photoaday challenge via my iPhone. You could say Art is a hobby of mine, or rather I wish I had the time to make it a hobby. Anyway, I digress. My sister-in-law has gone to this place called Pinot's Palette several times with some work friends and has been trying to get us all to go. In case you're not familiar with it, it's one of those places where people come as groups to paint a picture, hang out, and enjoy snacks and wine (hence the name). I, of course, jumped at the chance. Amy was not so eager. Amy's mom was also excited so it was just a matter of when to set up our first time. Amy stayed strong and, after much asking, decided not to go, but sent us along with her blessing.

Today was the day and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was a lot harder than it seemed at first and was not without it's frustrations. But all in all it was a lot of fun and I would definitely go again. I'm quite pleased with my painting and think I did a good job for my first time. I don't think I'll become a famous artist any time soon, but I had an awesome time and have a great souvenir to show for it! I'm pretty sure it's going to hang in Stella's room so that kind of makes it even more special! In case you're looking for something fun to to, I highly recommend it. Get a few friends or family members together, grab some snacks and beverages, and embrace your inner artist! Trust me, it's fun!

All is well, a budding artist, in Drosche Land.

A blank canvas awaited me!

My palette!

An apron, complete with the markings from its previous wearers!

The beginning!

Now the background is coming along!

Adding more colors to give it more depth.

The background is complete!

Time to work on the branches!

The branches are done! Almost there!

It's finished!




Sunday Snapshot

1 comment:

  1. Very cool piece Dusty, you should totally pursue the painting as well! Plus its less expensive then going in deep with the photography equipment.
    Eric Vandenberg.

    ReplyDelete