"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. A day for love. A day for caring. A day for sweets. We had a great day here in Drosche Land. The school day was filled with sugar-fueled chaos, as was to be expected. The boys both loved celebrating in their classrooms and were so excited not only to get valentines from their friends, but to give theirs away as well. We gave little Rice Krispie treats and they were ecstatic about them, adamant that their friends were going to just adore them. It is so much fun to see holidays through the eyes of a child, whether it's my kids or my students. I think it helps keep me young, keep me focused on the joy of everything. One of the many reasons I love my job, and my kids.

We were no sooner at home for 3 seconds before the boys had overtaken the dining room table, turning it into valentines central! Between what they got from school, what Amy and I gave them, and what my mom gave them the table was covered. So much so that we ate dinner at the coffee table since the clean-up of said valentines explosion was quite a daunting task. Speaking of dinner, what a dinner it was. First off, let me say that I have the most fantastic wife. We celebrate Valentine's Day here but we don't go all out. We like to keep it simple, but still special. That's exactly what Amy accomplished this year. She planned a "fancy" dinner for us and we pretended to celebrate at a "fancy" restaurant - Drosche's Cucina Italiana! We sat around the coffee table, adorned with the flowers I had delivered for Amy and candles. We dined on ravioli (or ravalovis as Braeden calls them) and special sparkling grape juice (served, of course, in special glasses). The ambiance was complete with classical music playing, courtesy of the UVerse music channels. The kids, and Amy and I, had a blast. It was definitely a special occasion and I am still in awe at the treat my wonderful wife planned for us. It was cute, it was fun, and I spent Valentine's Day with the 4 (Stella included of course) loves of my life. I couldn't have asked for more! I hope you had a memorable celebration with the one you love!

All is well, feeling the love, in Drosche Land.





No comments:

Post a Comment