"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Quelle Surprise!

That's French for "surprise baby shower on the premise of taking maternity photos". Or sort of, you know how things get lost in translation. Regardless though, that's exactly the adventure we had today! Our family and friends planned a surprise shower for Amy and I to celebrate Stella. Before I go further, let me first say that we are tremendously blessed and HE once again made that very apparent today.

Amy's sister Amanda organized a photo-shoot for us with a family friend. She's taken family pictures of us all before and we always love how they turn out. Today was supposedly going to include pictures of the boys, the 4 of us, and some maternity shots of us all. We drove to school to take said photos and lo and behold it was a shower! Pink was everywhere! Our family and friends turned out and we had a great time visiting, eating, and excitedly celebrating Stella! Being pregnant with a girl is definitely different than expecting a boy! Our wonderful gifts were, of course, pink, purple, shiny, spangled, ruffled, and bowed. We received some fabulous things and are even more excited and prepared for Stella than before! It was an awesome time, our family truly went to a lot of work to plan this surprise event and they made it so special!

Having said that, Amy and I knew about the party prior to today! Funnily enough, we both accidentally found out about 2 weeks ago, each of us hearing about it from someone. Then we realized that each of us knew but we kept it to ourselves. I wasn't surprised though that we found out, it is impossible to surprise Amy with anything. I mean impossible! I have tried, and failed, many times to do so. In fact, I don't think that I have every known any surprise to work on Amy. She always ends up finding out somehow! I do have to admit though that it makes me want to get her good at least once in life! We shall see if I am every able to successfully surprise her. As she's reading this I know she's thinking, "No, I hate surprises!". Aren't you Amy? :)

But, surprise or no surprise it was still a wonderful day! I can't wait to see all of the pictures from the event. We've already been through everything and have begun doing the laundry. Get as much done early as we can, be as prepared for Little Miss as we can. Again, I have to mention just how grateful Amy and I are for everything done for us today. It is a humbling and amazing experience to have our family and friends express their love and support for us. Stella is already so well loved by so many, as we all are. HE truly has blessed us beyond belief and that is end thing we will be sure Stella knows! Thanks so much to everyone! We love you!

All is well, freshly showered, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment