"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2 Years

Well, I have to admit I'm a bit embarrassed dear readers. I did know that my 2-year Blogiversary was coming up, but I thought it was closer to the end of the month, like sometime this week. Imagine my surprise and chagrin when I just checked back and find it was last week Monday! Yikes. So, I'm a week and a day late in wishing y'all a Happy Blogiversary! Oops! I think it's alright though and hope you don't hold it against me. I mean, after all, I didn't receive any cards, candy, or flowers so I can assume that y'all forgot the date as well! :)

Last year we stood at a little more than 200 posts, today this post is #333! Last year we celebrated 3,000 visits to the website, today (as I type) we are at 8,911! The hot topics last year included Margaux, the adoption, the moving/not moving adventure, and Amy's Scentsy business. Wow, have things changed. The biggest being the halt to our adoption adventure. Margaux remains, and always will, in our hearts and minds as does adoption itself. The idea of moving has reared its head occasionally throughout the past year, but it never gained enough of a foothold to get us serious about it. Amy still sells Scentsy, just not as aggressively as before, we still love it though and are addicted to it.

This year we are excited about Stella's birth and the preparation for her, my photo challenges, the A to Z blogging challenge in April (more on this later), and a few recent random posts! We also celebrated the completion of both Amy's and my Masters degrees, which was a major accomplishment! Another highlight was my trip with Adam to Las Vegas. We loved it and still talk about making it a yearly tradition for us, we shall see though. Many other adventures have taken place in the last year (and 8 days). That's one of the things I love most about blogging. It's like a journal/scrapbook for us. Looking back is always fun. Seeing how far we've come, the fun we've had, the things we've done, and anticipating the future. I can only imagine what it will be like in 10 years to look back. I have dreams/plans/thoughts of making a book out of these posts one day to give the kids. Something for them to remember their childhood by as well to remember Amy and I by. Good idea? What do you think? I could totally see it as a graduation gift of some sort. I'm a bit sappy and sentimental like that so the project is right up my alley! We will see what develops, luckily I've got more than enough time to plan it!

Looking into the future, Year 3 promises to be just as adventuresome as Year 2 was. Obviously first and foremost because Stella will arrive. But Year 3 also brings Braeden in 1st Grade with me (yikes!), Jackson in Pre-K, and who knows what other harebrained schemes/projects/ideas we come up with! So, join with me now as we buckle up and ride right into Year 3, or at least the last 358 (remember this is a Leap Year!) days of it!

All is well, 2 years in, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment