"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Resolutions - Finally!

Ok, so I promise I haven't forgotten about my 2012 resolutions and I'm not avoiding commitment to them. I've just been mentally finalizing them. I have been trying to start this post for several days now and it has been sitting lonely in my Drafts.  Since we are officially over a week into 2012 I guess I'd better get it finished and posted.  Only 2 posts for 2012 so far?  I'd better get it together!  So here goes, some may seem the same and/or related to some from last year and I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. If it ain't broke! I went with just 5 this year mainly because I had a terribly hard time trying to think of things.  Hopefully a lower number will ensure a good success rate!  I'm just hoping for better than a 78%!

1. Drink more water. Since I failed at this one last year I thought I should give it another go. I will however once again stress that it is not in place of, but rather in addition to, caffeine. I mean I don't want to set unrealistic goals or anything!

2. Take pictures, lots of them! I made this one last year and I think it's a good one. I love photography and many moons ago I dreamed of pursuing a career in the field. With my awesome camera last Christmas my love was renewed. This year I hope to not only photograph my family, especially #3, but also some fun and creative photography. To help out with this I've started a 365 project! You know, where you take and post a picture a day for a year! I thought this sounded awesome so I jumped on it! To make it easier and more fun I'm only going to use m iPhone since I ALWAYS have that! Follow my project (even thought I'll be mentioning it occasionally) here.  I also have a fantastic idea for the baby that's sort of related.  I plan on taking a picture of the baby every day for the first year and then creating a slide show!  I'm stoked about it.  So between all of these pictures I'll be spending 2012 clicking away!

3. Read more! Yes again, this was on my list last year but I truly enjoy it and it is a great way to relax and have some downtime.  I'm still about half-way through with The Help, maybe I'll read some tonight!

4.  Finish tiling (stop smirking Amy).  See after our Spring Break project from last year we had a ton of tile and mortar left over, due to some slight miscalculations on our part.  No worries though, we would just use the remaining tile to tile the laundry room/pantry.  Easier said than done though as I never got around made time to finish.  So I am giving myself this year to get it finished once and for all, hopefully the sooner the better!  Plus Amy has been gently reminding me that it needs to be done!  Making her happy will also be motivation!

5.  Eat healthier.  Maybe healthier isn't the best choice of words, maybe wiser is better.  See I have a huge sweet-tooth and I love to snack.  As I write this I am eating gummy Lifesavers, probably not the best thing to eat at 8:30 pm.  So, my new goal is to not have seconds of anything, just one healthy and normal portion of a meal is fine.  Also, no eating after 7:30 pm.  Amy has already made resolutions that are geared toward healthy eating for our family so I'll piggyback on that and do my part.

So, there you have it.  Nothing fancy and a few repeats.  I think all 5 are totally doable and I plan on getting a 100% this December, you can congratulate me then!

All is well, finally resolved, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment