"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kickin' It

So, just the other day I was able to feel Stella kick for the first time! It's still pretty early, Amy's only a little over 18 weeks, but it was super strong! Maybe we have a little soccer player or gymnast? Amy has been feeling her move for a while now, the usual little flutters at first but lately it's been getting much stronger. She is able to tell what foods Stella likes (or doesn't) and what positions Stella doesn't find comfortable.

Even though this is the 3rd time around for us it never ceases to amaze me that a baby's kicks can be so strong that they are easily felt from the outside. It makes me marvel in the miracle that is life. That He has placed this tiny person in there, fully formed and living. Moving, kicking, hiccuping. I have an app on my iPhone, Sprout, that gives us weekly information on the baby. Little facts and tidbits. Currently Stella weighs in around 6 ounces and is the size of a pear. I go to the crisper in the refrigerator and find a pear. Wow, it takes on a whole new meaning now. Her bones are beginning to harden, time for me to begin to lovingly nag Amy about drinking milk and getting in calcium. She's even doing things like yawning, smiling, opening and closing tiny hands, wiggling tiny toes. Amazing.

We still have quite a while before we meet Little Miss, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that she is already a tiny, fully-formed, perfect little human being. She's growing bigger every day. Looking ahead to next week she'll already be the size of a softball, weighing about a 1/2 pound! At 20 weeks she'll be roughing 10 inches long!

It truly is something that makes my faith a little stronger. I mean, if He can do this, there isn't anything he can't do. What a blessing she is already and she has yet to grace the world with her presence.

Well, this post has been a little deep, a little philosophical, and a little factual. I just wanted to share because my mind is constantly reeling with this amazing event that is unfolding daily before our very eyes. Amazing, what an awesome God.

All is well, in awe, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment