"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Caved

So, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but Amy and I, upon finding out that we were pregnant again, decided to not find out the gender of the baby. With this being the last one we thought it would be fun to leave it as a surprise. Right off the bat though it quickly turned into a war of wills rather than a simple decision. See, Amy is truly more indifferent about finding out about the gender than I am. She's fine not finding out until the moment the baby comes. Me, on the other hand, can hardly stand the wait. Little did I know that the decision to wait would soon turn into a challenge. Who would give in first? Amy or me?

Over the past few months we have both shared our weak moments with each other, when we'd had the sudden nagging to give in and find out the gender. But we always went back to our original plan. That is, until the past week or so. It's been hard on me. The closer we get to 20 weeks and the possibility of being able to find out, the harder it is. Sure, at first it seemed totally doable since there was no way we'd be able to find out anyways for a long time. Yet, as we quickly approach 20 weeks I felt my resolve weakening. However, I knew I couldn't give in! I didn't want Amy to win! That's when I found out I'd been duped! See, Amy would like to know but could totally wait. Me, everyone was wondering when (not if) I would give in. So I came to the realization that Amy wins either way. I don't give in and she is fine with waiting, I give in and she was right! Duped, see I told you so! What then was the point of waiting? I think it was all a ploy to get me to give in! :)

Given this new realization we decided to go ahead and find out the gender when she goes in for her 20 week appointment. 2 things helped us to make the decision though. First of all the boys truly did want to find out if they were going to have a little brother or a little sister. I fact, Amy's made the appointment for the afternoon so they will both be able to go with us and we can find out as a family! It should be loads of fun and I can't wait to see their reactions! Secondly, it would make it tremendously easier to prepare (especially clothing-wise) for the arrival.

So, Amy says I gave in, I say the contest was null and void because I was duped! The truth? Who knows, it's a debate for the ages I guess. We as having a lot of fun teasing each other about it though, and I'm sure that will persist for weeks and decades to come! However, now that we've decided to find out, I am on pins and needles waiting! Currently we are 27 days away from finding out. It seems so long yet so short in the scheme of things. Soon we will know if it is another son or a daughter. Either way things will change in Drosche Land dramatically. We will officially be able to start preparations. Bedding and clothing can be bought. Decoration and painting can be done. Naming can begin. Between all of that and the debate about who (if anyone) gave in first will keep us occupied for the last half of the pregnancy!

All is well, caved?, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment