"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 29, 2011

Tearjerker

Well, with all of the global excitement regarding this morning's royal wedding, I have a confession to make.  I'm a bit of a sap.  I like sad and sentimental movies, books, TV shows, really anything that can make you cry.  I mean who doesn't right?  Right?  In fact the genre "Tearjerker" is one of my favorites!  And yes, I did DVR the royal wedding (thanks TiVo!) as well as watch a bit of it this morning while getting ready.  I then listened to it on the MSNBC XM radio channel all the way to work.  I'll admit to being one of the billions of people totally addicted to the royal wedding.   

To some of you this will come as no surprise.  To others, I stand proud of my sappiness.  Currently I am slightly obsessed with the movie Country Strong (Amy is now rolling her eyes).  I totally did not see the ending coming and I love the movie.  Definitely one to own.  It drives Amy crazy, let's just say she was not as big a fan of the movie as I was.  She enjoyed it, but found it depressing.  I, on the other hand, enjoy this occasionally.  I know I can't be alone in this, but I'm willing to admit it.  I'll also admit that I may have passed this trait down to Braeden.  Don't let the two of us watch Marley & Me together.  Toward the end we become two blubbering and inconsolable people, bawling our eyes out over that sweet old dog.  This isn't the only movie that gets me though, the list is long.  Happy tears, sad tears, depressed tears, heaving sobs.  You name it, I've done it.  That's alright though, I'm just in touch and comfortable with my emotions.  Sometimes a good cry is just what you need.  Well, for Braeden and I at least.  

So, I guess that's it for a totally random post.  Random, but topical.  Well, I've got 6 hours of footage to get through, so I'd better get started.

All is well, tissues in hand, in Drosche Land.   

No comments:

Post a Comment