"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Lifted

As in a weight, a huge one.  

Off of our shoulders, our hearts, our minds.  

So, you know that we have been dealing with Amy's mysterious racing heart issue for about 2 weeks now.  Last I posted we were still awaiting a call from the doctor regarding her latest blood work, the results of which could indicate something very minor or something extremely serious.  I couldn't bring myself to mention it before, because we were still in shock and disbelief, but the worst case scenario was a rare form of cancer.  Before I go on, I'll alleviate any further worries and state that Amy got a call today, a day early!, and everything in her blood work was normal, negative for the cancer.  It is still somewhat amazing to me that this past week we were fearfully expecting that call.  A call that could turn our lives upside down completely.  Luckily our prayers, and the many prayers of our many friends and family (THANK YOU ALL), were answered today.  

So, while it is not cancer, her cardiologist still wants to do further testing to figure out what is going on.  He also still seems to be of the opinion that it is not anxiety/stress related.  She goes in on next Wednesday, when she returns from a trip out of town, for a stress test and maybe more.  However, regardless of the results we rejoice in the wonderful news He has given us today.  The worry, fear, anxiety, and sleepless nights are behind us.  We move forward with continued prayers for a quick and simple diagnosis.

I will say though that this past week has brought about many feelings, emotions, thoughts, and discussions that we have never had to have.  Plans for our future.  Plans for our children's futures.  Plans for worst case situations.  I did a lot of research into the type of cancer that we were fearing and I can't stop thinking about all I've read.  People suffering from it, and all other forms, remain on my heart and in my prayers.  Our last week was tough enough, I can't imagine what these people's daily lives are as they deal with the answers we didn't have to hear.  

In the end though, when all is said and done, I have to say that I am even more aware of the blessings God has bestowed upon me and our family.  I find myself even more grateful for Amy and the boys.  Also, with our good news came the renewed vigor to dive back into the paper chase for Margaux.  Her adoption was obviously also in the front of our minds all week long as we fretted and worried.  Amy actually met with our social worker today to drop off a slew of paperwork for our home study!  Maybe I'll begin counting down the days until the submission of our dossier?  Hmmmm, I'm thinking a button on the side?  :)  Be on the lookout!

All is well, sleeping easy tonight, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment