"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Not So Lonely

So, you know the song.  One is the loneliest number.  Well, not here, not with me.  One is the freakin' happiest number here in Drosche Land.  Why?  Well, because that is the number of weeks I have left in my M.Ed. program!  Ok, ok, settle down the applause and cheering.  Wednesday I submitted my final paper for my last course.  This week I only have to tie everything together and create a resume.  Then I'm done!  Finished!  Finito!  No mas!  I cannot wait!  As you can tell I am slightly excited about it.  Amy keeps telling me we need to do something special to celebrate so I am trying to think of a restaurant to visit.  I'm just going to be so happy to be finished, anything will be a celebration!  :)  

I've had several posts working in my head over the past few days but we've been busy here so I guess I'll just cram them all into one amalgamation of a post.  First of all, next year I am not giving up sweets for Lent!  It's been rough people, let me tell you.  Yes, I know that it is supposed to be difficult but I didn't realize how many sweets I ate, or how much I would miss them!  Easter is just around the corner and will be filled with the joyous resurrection of our Lord and chocolate, lots of chocolate.

Braeden's first soccer game was yesterday!  I was probably the most excited out of all of us.  I won't get into too many details because I am planning a Sunday Snapshot post later tonight, but it was awesome!  I am amazed that I was ever worried about it all!  Silly me!

Lastly, it's Boys Only here in Drosche Land for the next few days.  This morning we dropped Amy off at the airport as she is flying to fabulous Midland, TX.  She is on the accreditation team for a center there and they are doing their visit/consultation/advice thing.  We miss her lots, not as much as she misses us though.  However, this time we had the glorious iChat!  Sweet!  The boys love it and it is nice to see her.  What did traveling spouses and long-distance relationshippers do before that?  We couldn't get FaceTime on the Macs yet though, we are one software update behind.  Hopefully we will soon though so we can download it.  The plan is to take the iPad to China when we get Margaux and leave my computer with my parents and Amy's computer with her Mom so we can chat with them via FaceTime while we're overseas!  Awesome huh?  It is one thing we are looking forward to during our travels.  

So, that about sums it up.  Nothing to major going on.  We are still flying high on the great news from Amy's blood work so life here in Drosche Land is pleasant once more!

All is well, minus one, here in Drosche Land.   

No comments:

Post a Comment