"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Goooooooaaaaaaal!

So, today was Braeden's first soccer practice and honestly i was anxious about it all day.  That and with everything going on with Amy's blood work, i was pretty much a mess.  Don't get me wrong, he is great, but doing something like this is not where he shines (think back to his previous dance recitals at school where he sat next to me crying rather than performing) or I should say was not something where he shined.  After tonight though, he is a rock star!  i couldn't be more proud of him.  We got to the park and kicked the ball around for a bit before his coach showed up.  Once practice started it was "Bye Dad" with no looking back!  He spoke to his coach and his teammates and truly enjoyed it.  He did fall once though and (slightly) scraped his hand.  I kissed it and sent him back in, with some encouragement from his coach he was good to go.  

Aside from his endless enthusiasm, he also did very well.  He totally got the concept of getting the ball and then dribbling it to the goal.  When they were scrimmaging he was right there in front getting to the ball before anyone else.  Now, I'll admit he gets his dashing good looks and comedic timing from me, but the athletic ability?  Nope.  Not from me at all.  Amy played sports so maybe it comes from her?  Maybe it is some latent gene from somewhere way back?  Maybe he is just a soccer phenom?  Ok, I'm getting a little ahead of myself I guess.  But, regardless of skill and ability he loved it and had a wonderful time.  This may be just what he needs to come out of his shy shell a bit.  

I watched him in prideful awe for the entire practice.  No, I didn't cry (at least on on the outside), but I did take 70 pictures and 2 videos!  I've posted some to Facebook of course but will throw some here too just because it was so hard to narrow it down!  I'm hoping to get some great shots at his first game on Saturday for this weekend's Sunday Snapshot!  Until then I will be basking in the joy that can only come from being an ecstatically proud parent of an awesome child!

All is well, beaming, in Drosche Land.

 Not an action shot, but I really like this one of his listening to his coach

 He caught me snapping pics!

Look at him go!
 
  He was AWESOME!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you dribble a soccer ball, isn't that basketball?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I thought the same thing when they were talking about it. Turns out though that is the term used for kicking the ball down the field to the goal. Go figure? :)

    ReplyDelete