"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sickness

Well, it must be some kind of record.  10 days into the new year and both of the boys have been sick.  Last week we found out Jack has an ear & sinus infection.  Yesterday Braeden was diagnosed with bronchitis.  We are once again slowly building up our own pharmacy here in Drosche Land when what needs building up is our immune system.  I can't complain too much thought because this has been a relatively easy year as far as illnesses go, for us at least.  

Today I stayed home with Braeden while he recovered and attempted to break his fever.  The good news is that it is down to that not-really-a-fever level of 99ish.  He hovers anywhere from 99.2-99.9.  Just to be on the safe side though, Amy is staying home with him tomorrow.  Bronchitis is new to us and we don't need any relapsing, or worse, pneumonia.  We are also hoping that Jack doesn't pick it up from him.  They are both bundled up and in bed already as we all hunker down for the cold weather tonight!  Woo hoo!  I just hope Braeden sleeps better.  Last night I found myself in there frequently soothing him and pulling a Super Nanny as I sat on the floor waiting for him to fall asleep.

While home today I became more aware of a sickness that I seem to have, and Amy will agree on this one.  I cannot sit still.  Laundry, dishes, baking, dusting, straightening, or any other excuse to be up and moving around.  Whatever the reason, I seem to find it.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I did make plenty of time to laze around and watch TV.  I mean how could I not?  But I did get a lot done so I do feel super productive.  Who knows?  Maybe I have adult onset ADD or something.  Or maybe I just have a very short attention span.  Either way, the house is straightened and organized, there are no dirty clothes, we have freshly-baked Chocolate Amish Friendship Bread, and the dishes are done.  So I guess in the end it's a win-win.  Plus I'm hoping that all of the random work I do around the house helps to burn off at least some of the calories I consume as I tend to experience random lulls in self-control when at home, snacking on various treats throughout the day (did I mention the bread?!). 

So, the antibiotics, Tylenol, Motrin, and cold medicines are stocked up here as we trudge through another cold and flu season.  I hope that we continue to have a smooth go of it though.  I'm running out of things to do around the house and am still working to rid myself of the 4ish pounds of holiday weight.  

All is well, thoroughly medicated, in Drosche Land.

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment