"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The File

What file?  Funny you should ask, that's what this post is all about!  Sit down though, I've got some pretty big news to share.  Are you sitting?  Good, let's go.

Ok, so first of all I would like to begin by stating that God truly does work in some amazing ways.  This fact has been shown to us all too much the past few days.  I'll start back a bit in order to give the entire story.  So, you know that we have decided to take the house off of the market (here).  Well, this wasn't the easiest of decision for Amy and I to make, but one we felt confident in.  As important as the adoption is to us, it had kind of been put on the back burner while we dealt with the new adventure of selling the house.  Who knew God would bring it up to the big front burner in such a big way.  So, the night that we officially decided to stay here, Amy was checking out the list on our agency's website, the awesome Great Wall China Adoption (check it out).  We hadn't done this in quite a while, and honestly I don't know what made her think about it.  However, she did and saw the picture of an adorable little girl.  She called me over and of course I too thought she was beautiful.  Plus, her special need was something we had already discussed and agreed that it was something we could manage.  Coincidence?  So, over the next few days Amy or I would bring her up again, usually with the "Isn't she precious/adorable/cute/beautiful?" statement.  Then we got an email from the agency, their usual newsletter.  However, this one was about children with limb differences, again something we have already identified as totally manageable.  Coincidence?  Ah, but alas, we first filled out our application for the GWCA's Waiting Child list in February of 2010 and it is only good for 6 months, we never resubmitted it because that was when we were beginning to discuss listing the house.  We of course have decided to resubmit since moving the adoption back up to our top priority.  Lastly, when Amy took Braeden to the doctor on Monday the adoption came up in her conversation with the doctor.  Dr. Kinalska, our excellent pediatrician, then happily offered to help us review any files we might receive in the future!  How awesome is that?  Coincidence? 

Which brings me to the grin-inspiring, heart-melting, and awesome events of today.  Amy has, over the past few days, been asking me about whether or not we should call and inquire about the little girl, who we have by now memorized.  Well, what could it hurt I told her this morning.  The worst they could say was no, right?  Well, after a phone call from Amy and an email from me we heard back.  They were emailing us her file!  To review!  Seriously?!?!  Amy came over into my classroom to personally deliver the good news herself.  I can still see the joy in her face when she told me!  So, as I type this we have her file, with so much information about the wonderful little girl, in our possession.  Even greater news, we can proceed forward if we choose to do so!  Seriously?!?!  Amy thoroughly researched the special need on the Internet tonight and we are totally comfortable with it.  Tomorrow Amy will be making an appointment with the fantastic Dr. Kinalska, to have her review the file and give us any information she can.  We also have left a voicemail with another doctor to see if they too will review the file and give us their thoughts.  We plan on making a decision by the end of the week.

Due to privacy reasons and as part of the process I can't give any information on the little girl other than the fact that she is beautiful.  Have I already said that though?  :)  I'm not sure when I will be able to right now, but rest assured as soon as I will you know I'll be blogging and posting pictures like crazy!  Pretty great news huh?  So many things just rapidly fell into place this past week, rocking our world.  It is impossible to deny the fact that God has a plan for us, and it appears as though it is coming to fruition!  I am so excited yet still in shock at it all.  Just this morning everything was the "usual" and we were still in the very beginning of the process.  Suddenly, in less than 12 hours all of that has changed and we have been thrust fully into the adventure!  Seriously?!?!  So, tonight I have a whole new set of thoughts and prayers with which to end my day.  One of our favorite verses, especially throughout this adoption adventure, continues to run through my head.  How true and comforting it is - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


All is well, reviewing reviewing reviewing, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment