"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Over

Vacation that is.  And with it the Christmas season officially ends.  I'm posting about this early in the day so I can spend the rest of the day wallowing in self-pity on my new couch.  I wish for just one more day, a few hours at the least.  Last night I insisted on staying up as late as possible in order to maximize my vacation time.  Ironically I was tired earlier than usual and turned in around 11:00 p.m.  Tonight I think I may stay up late again, just to make a stance against the end of vacation.  We'll see how well I do.

It's not that I don't love my job or miss it, I do very much.  But this has been a great vacation and I am always sad to see Christmas vacation end.  This year is flying by so I guess before I know it we will be celebrating the beginning of summer vacation.  But then I'll be mourning the end of a school year so I guess it's bittersweet all the way around.  Oh well.  It was real, it was fun.  I got a lot of good TV watching in so you know it was a success.  We watched 3 full seasons of Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami.  I am totally addicted to Kardashians now and cannot wait for Netflix to add more seasons for instant viewing.  We also watched 2 seasons of Deadliest Catch and I gained new loves in Hoarders, American Pickers, and Dexter.  Then there is always Nip/Tuck and I am almost done with that series.  What can I say, I'm addicted to reality television.  Thanks to Netflix, Wii, and Blu-Ray, I now have multiple options to feed my addiction!  

The only thing that makes the end of this vacation slightly bearable is knowing that I have 3 more days of "vacation" until our Masters courses resume.  I suppose I'll really hit rock bottom on Wednesday night.  Until then I will eat up any second of anything that can be termed as vacation.  On the couch of course!

All is well, in mourning, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment