"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One More Week

Until what?  I know the anticipation is killing you, so I will go ahead and tell you and then move onto the post.  Listing the house.  Yeah, so it was supposed to happen this weekend, but as it turns out our realtor is out of town.  Bummer.  But, the house is technically not totally ready so I guess it's for the best.  Although I have to say I busted my butt to get it closer today.  

I stayed home with Jack today because he was still sick last night with a fever to go with his throat infection.  Amy took off yesterday and took him to the doctor.  Luckily today was his recovery day and all is well.  Trust me, he is totally back to normal!  So, he will be returning to school tomorrow.  So I missed a day, which I hate, but that is the joy of being a parent!  Not everything is on your time.  A tough lesson to learn (stop smirking Amy!).  :)  But, it wasn't a total waste because I got a lot done around the house.  Last weekend we finally decided on a paint color for the boys' bathroom.  Did I mention that last weekend?  Anyway, since not everyone is pro bright yellow paint with big blue and orange dots (I know, go figure!) I started painting today since I had the time.  

I will take a moment now to pause and plug one of our favorite products - Behr paint.  Not just any paint mind you, the primer and paint in one.  Ahhhhh, colorful happiness in a can.  So wonderful I almost forget what a chore painting can be (almost).  But in all seriousness go get some.  If you were thinking about painting something, buy this paint.  If you weren't planning on painting anything, find something to paint, and buy this paint.  It nearly covered our circus-bright bathroom in one coat!  Joy!

Ok, back to the blog.  So I gave the bathroom its first coat.  I also began to touch up the paint downstairs where we filled nail holes in the wall and tiny, grubby hands touched and dirtied everything.  I still have the stairway to do but that will have to wait when the aforementioned tiny, grubby hands aren't around.  I am not going to plug the Sherwin Williams paint KB uses (seriously, don't buy it).  I mean who uses flat paint!  I also knocked out a couple of loads of laundry because I love doing that.  Lastly, I  had to deep clean the bathrooms.  They weren't too bad, but needed to gleam for the pictures for the listing.  

I will pause again to plug another favorite item - SOS pads.  I mean I know I have blogged about these little wonderful pads of joy (here) but they warrant another mention.  I mean is there anything these little scrubbers can't do.  Don't waste your time trying to think of something, because I don't think there is anything.  I again used them to attack the shower.  Mind you, it wasn't as bad as before but I still wanted a deep scrub of everything.  These little guys do an amazing job.  Leaving everything with a fluffy Smurf-blue foam.  Rinse that away and you are left with shining cleanliness!  Ahhhh, joy!

Ok, back to the blog.  So today was quite productive and I am ending it pleasantly tired and fulfilled.  Somewhere in there I also found time to get my homework for this week finished.  One more course down and only 3 more to go!  I cannot wait to be finished.  But that's a post for another time.  So we have to wait a little longer until we take the next step in selling the house.  Oh well.  Guess I'd better learn patience with this process now since I am sure I will need it often throughout the coming months.  Amy is off on Friday so she will most likely finish all the painting (she's great like that)!  Plus she has the carpet cleaners coming to do the entire house, per the realtor's instructions.  After those tasks are completed, we have just a little more tidying and staging left until we are ready!  I'm excited to get the show on the road.  6-9 months.  Seems long, but at the same time incredibly short.  I spend most of my time on HAR looking at homes and dreaming!  Ahhhh, Jersey Village we can't wait to get to know you better and call you home!

All is well, with a fresh coat of paint, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment