"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, October 29, 2012

Sunday Snapshot - Instant





Ok so the above picture is a preview of Stella's Halloween costume. I just couldn't resist. I was going to save a picture of her in it for next week's post or a Halloween post, but come on, can you blame me?

Anywho. Things have been busy around here, especially on the weekends. Sports will do that to a family I guess. Thus I've not been as diligent about Sunday Snapshot posts as I'd like to be. But that doesn't mean I'm not taking pictures, not by any means. It just means that actual, planned photo shoots are few and far between. But, thanks to my iPhone and its awesome camera, I'm always ready to snap something.





As you know, in addition to taking pictures, I love me some social media. Hobby/addiction, it's a fine line really. Throw pictures into the mix and you've got Instagram. Not only can I share pictures, but I can crop, add filters and effects. Combine it with other iPhone photo editing apps and the possibilities are endless.





One little Instagram/photography hobby I have is the Photo-A-Day fun from Chantelle over at fatmumslim.com. I'm kind of addicted to it, but not crazy or anything. It's fun. Sometimes I try to be all serious about a prompt, other times I just take a picture of something. I may miss a day here and there, but I try to get it all in each month. But not all of my Instagram shots are part of the challenge, not by any means.





Basically my Instagram pictures fall into 4 categories really: Amy and the Kids, Food, Random, and Artsy. About half are for the challenge and half are just because. Right now I have 620 photos, and yes I checked. Because why not right? It's a fun and easy way to enjoy photography and document life. Maybe one day the kids will look back in wonder at it all, in awe of my photo skills. That or they'll just marvel at what a nut job their Dad is. Either way they'll have something to enjoy right?





So, given the lack of photoshoots recently and my love of taking pictures, I thought I'd share some of my recent Instagram favorites and sing my praises of this fun social network. I'd link up to my account here if I weren't on the iPad and/or I had the energy to figure it out. Plus, I think it might be on the sidebar somewhere? Search me if you want to and follow along for the fun! I could post many more pictures here, 615 actually, and go on but I'll spare you. I think I've gotten my point across. Plus it's late, I'm craving Halloween candy, and I few I've begun to ramble! 😁

Oh and yes, the first picture is Stella in her Halloween costume. I was going to save it for next Sunday's post or a Halloween post but I couldn't resist. I mean, how cute is she?

All is well, picture perfect, in Drosche Land.

Ni Hao Yall


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment