"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, November 05, 2012

Oh Happy Day

So today is my birthday. Another year gone by. I must say though that this past one was quite eventful. I can't believe I'm a year older. I also can't believe my age. 32?! When did that happen? Well, today obviously, but you know what I mean. It seems like just yesterday I was dreading 30. And before that I was living it up in my 20's. So I sit here tonight shocked that I have somehow entered my 30's. I mean, I don't feel 32. Or do I? Maybe this is what 32 feels like. If so, it feels a lot like 20-something. These are the things I think about on my birthdays, deep and insightful I know. Must be the wisdom that comes with age. How about you? Do you find yourself surprised on your birthday?

Well, anywho. Today was a great day. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. The celebrations actually began Saturday when we had my birthday dinner with Amy's family. Then Sunday was with my parents. So, by today I was in full-on birthday mode! Amy and the kids had been sneaky and hard at work in presents and a card. I think the boys were more excited than I was this morning! Just another fun part about having kids.

School was great too. My kids knew it was my birthday and again, they were so excited. All day I received hugs and well wishes from them. Of course I brought cupcakes to share. Amy made them last night and the kids couldn't have been more excited. One of my students also brought brownies in so we had those too. It's my birthday so why not sugar it up a bit huh?

For dinner tonight I decided to go easy and low-key. Simple and fun. I requested breakfast for dinner. I mean, who doesn't love breakfast for dinner? One my my favorites! We had bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. Yum! For dessert we had an old favorite of ours from when Amy and I were first married. A simple chocolate pie. Not only was it delicious, but it brought back so many fun memories. The rest of the night was spent relaxing with the family. Like I said, nothing spectacular, but a wonderful birthday nonetheless.

So, I sit here blogging for watching ALF on Hulu. ALF! Come on, classic 80's sitcom! Anywho. My birthday today served as a reminder that I truly am blessed. With a wonderful wife who will do anything to ensure I have a happy birthday. With 3 awesome kids who make everyday, birthday or otherwise, an adventure. With family and friends to offer love and support. Yeah, it was a great birthday. Even if it means I'm officially 32! :)

All is well, one year older, in Drosche Land.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment