"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Wow!

Tonight is a turning point here in Drosche Land.  See, it is the last night where we will officially have 2 babies, toddlers, little kids, or whatever you'd like to call them.  Tomorrow we will have just one of the aforementioned and one big kid.  Braeden turns 5 tomorrow!  Wow!  As if turning 30 didn't make me feel old, now we have a 5 year-old?  How did that happen?!  Obviously I knew this day was coming, eventually.  But I mean, wasn't I just rushing to the hospital from work, changing a diaper, or buying baby food?  Somehow when I wasn't looking that little baby started to grow and suddenly here I am, staring at a soon-to-be-Kindergartner!  

This momentous occasion is somewhat easy to handle because I still have Jack, my little squirrely Jack.  Then comes Margaux!  But what happens when they all pass this milestone?  Then I'll just be the blubbering parent of kids!  Truth be told, as hard as it is to watch them grow up, I am enjoying it a lot.  It is amazing to see him change and become his own person.  Doing things for himself, learning new things, making decisions on his own.  Wow!

If you think I'm this bad now, wait until he turns 18!  I can't even begin to think about that!  Right now he is fast asleep, eagerly awaiting morning when he can announce that he is finally a full-hand (rather than just a handful!)!  The cupcakes for school are on the counter, ready to go.  Store-bought again this year despite our best efforts to make some.  He was actually going to let me bake some but since May is so busy and we went and watched Jared's last baseball game of the season tonight, homemade was just not feasible, again!  But he is super excited about them and that's what counts.

So, I hesitate going to bed because I know when I wake up he'll be 5!  Silly I know, but I'd like to prolong the inevitable just a little bit more!  I think I'll take a trip down Memory Lane and look at pictures from when he was born!  Don't tell anyone, but I do that every year before his birthday.  Just a way to remember it all and celebrate the great gift that God has given to us!

All is well, growing up, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment