"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday Snapshot - Birthday Boy

Well, I know you have all been waiting on pins and needles for some pictures of Braeden's birthday celebration!  Well, the wait is over!  See, I took tons of pictures on the actual day of his birthday but I was waiting until we had his party before I posted any pictures anywhere.  Due to the crazy May schedule we postponed his birthday party a week so everyone could make it.  As it turned out all was fine.  Amy and I ended up getting him tee ball materials: a real bat, real balls, a tee, and wiffle balls.  We also got him tickets to an Astros game that was today so he technically had a birthday weekend!  As great as all the pictures were from the entire 3 days, I am choosing the ones from today's game because we had such an awesome family time.  The tickets included a hat, a hot dog, and a drink!  What more could a 5-year-old ask for?  As much as he loves soccer, he is totally obsessed with all things baseball right now so this was right up his alley.  I must pause though for a moment to acknowledge the irony that Braeden is my little doppelganger with one exception - his love of sports!  HA!  So, we had a blast today and made it 5 innings until we were full-on in the sun and the kids were done.  As you can clearly see below though this was definitely a birthday to remember.  The roof of Minute Maid was open so the pictures, taken with my handy iPhone, turned out great!  Enjoy!

 Braeden and his Astros hat!  Yes, we bought new t-shirts to wear to the game too!


Jackson looking cute in his hat!

 
 Stoked about the game!


 They each got a special ball too since they were unable to catch any during the practice/warm up!  :)


 Jack chose to gnaw on his hot dog, sans bun, but he loved it!


Braeden and his hot dog, no Dome Dog but it was pretty good!
Sunday Snapshot

No comments:

Post a Comment