"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Frozen

Well, we are hunkering down and preparing for the great winter blast to transform Houston into a winter wonderland/tundra.  Sure it's all fun and games now, but rewind just a few days and we were singing a different tune.

See, Tuesday afternoon we got home and decided (Amy's decision) that we should rearrange all of the crap stuff in the garage that we haven't moved back into the house since we have decided to stay here.  We had been meaning to do it but the impending hard freeze lit a fire under us lest the car completely freeze and die.  20 minutes later we had some things moved back into the house and the rest of it was creatively stacked along the sides of where Amy's behemoth van would fit.  Ahhhh, all was well and ready for the freeze right?  WRONG!  We went about our business as usual, continuing our attempt to complete our home study autobiography.  Wednesday morning came and I slept in a bit since Amy had the day off and planned to keep the boys home.  My leisurely morning came to a screeching halt when the shower yielded no water after I turned it on.  Seriously?!?!  What?!?!  After some initial bleary-eyed running around we discovered we (I) had forgotten to wrap one pipe - the one that brings water into the house.  Oops!  Amy stayed home with the boys as planned and I hightailed it to my parents' house to shower and then headed to work.  All seemed okay, well as okay as it could be with no water and the nagging fear that a pipe might have burst.  Then the rolling blackouts began!  So, poor Amy was stuck at home with inconsistent power, no water, and two very crazed boys who were out of schedule and picking up on the drama unfolding around them.  Turns out though we were some of the lucky ones.  The pipe thawed around noon and the rolling blackouts stopped shortly thereafter.  Last night also brought further forecasts of snow for tonight and Friday!  Long story short (too late?) we dismissed early at 1:00 p.m. and are closed for tomorrow!

A snow day and a half in Texas!  Gotta love it!  So, now we are home and have been for quite a while.  The boys have discovered MarioKart for Wii and are loving it (thanks Costco) and we have enough snacks to make me worry my pants won't fit come Monday morning.  Fuzzy socks and extra blankets have also come out of storage as we eagerly await the snow!  I'm desperately hoping for at least some of the possible 2"-3" we are forecast to have.  I'm already visualizing the copious amounts of pictures and awesome Sunday Snapshot post that could result from said snow.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't also terribly eager to play in the snow!  Visions of tiny snowmen and snowball fights are dancing through my head as I type!  Ahhhh, the possibilities.  

So we wait.  Maybe I'll get productive and plow through the remainder of the home study autobiography?  We also have possible plans of painting Margaux's room.  We will see what out unexpected vacation brings.  Maybe we will just rest and get caught up on sleep?  

All is well, with a chance of snow, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment