"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

8

As in weeks.  That's how many weeks I have until I am finally finished with my M.Ed. in Reading!  Tonight I finished the last week of this course and tomorrow begins my final course.  Needless to say, I am quite excited about the rapidly approaching end of this.  All I have to say is that I am DONE with school after this.  I used to think that I would get 2 Masters or maybe one and a Doctorate.  HA!  Silly naive little me.  That was before jobs, kids, houses, cars, and life in general got in the way.  Now it is one more thing that has been added to my heaping plate.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed it.  I have learned a thing or two.  And I am glad that I did it.  It wasn't hard, it wasn't all new stuff.  Yes, I know I procrastinated quite a bit and have become very adept at finishing my work in a day or so at the end of the week.  But that doesn't mean that the work wasn't always there, mocking me.  Taunting me.  But alas, I will have the last laugh.  I won't shed any tears over the passing of my continuing education.  Quite the opposite.  I'll get my piece of paper and relish in the fact that I have pursued, and triumphed, over higher education.

I'd like to say that my plate will lighten a bit once this has come off of it, but let's get real.  It will just be replaced by something else.  Margaux's adoption.  The yearbook (which I have yet to begin but am super excited about).  Planning for next year.  Coming to grips with the fact that Braeden will be in Kindergarten next year.  The list goes on.  I'm just hoping that the fact that the aforementioned things do not come with weekly homework or discussion posts will make them less of a chore and more of a habit.  Know what I mean?

So, 8 more weeks.  That's it.  As this final course begins I must apply for graduation and get that squared away so once I am finished I will have my much-desired paperwork in my hand.  I'm hoping the last course goes smoothly and I am able to breeze right through it without losing what little motivation I have left.  I feel for Amy though as she still has 3 courses left, two more than I do.  I'll focus my energies on helping to keep her motivated and on track so we can both celebrate in our victories over our Masters courses!  I can't wait for that point toward the end of this upcoming summer!

All is well, counting down, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment