"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Be Mine

This post comes a day late, but we got home later than usual last night and after the festivities of the day at school and the late night I was not up for blogging.  So, one day late isn't so bad right?  Valentine's Day is a time to celebrate love and romance and of course eating copious amounts of sweets.  The fun began the night before, would that be Valentine's Eve?  I guess so.  Well, that's when the boys addressed their valentines.  Transformers for Braeden and Iron Man for Jack.  Amy and I split up this tedious fun activity and she took Jack and I worked with Braeden.  I'm not sure who had the tougher job?  Amy with Jack touching, folding, and handling every valentine, or myself with Braeden taking his painstakingly careful time in writing his friends' names.  Either way, 40 minutes (yes 40!) later the task was done and everything was ready for the big day.

The morning of Valentine's Day the boys woke up knowing their was a special present awaiting them.  This put a little bit of a quicker pace into their morning routine.  The gift?  Well, we finally gave in and bought the boys pillow pets.  We debated getting them as Christmas gifts, but opted not to.  Well, the fact that many friends received them for Christmas and the constant running of commercials wore us down and Jack received a frog and Braeden received a dog.  They loved them, as you can see in the pictures below, and that made it totally worth it.

Adding to my joy of the day was the fact that I stumped Amy with her gift!  She is impossible to surprise so on the rare (very rare) occasion that I do, it is a grand victory!  I had roses delivered to her!   Awwwww!  We exchanged cards in the morning and I got my iTunes gift card (woo hoo new Lady Gaga CD here I come!).  I told her she would have to wait to receive hers as I was giving it to her later.  He He He!    After some anxiety filled hours while I waited for the delivery (the confirmation email stated they deliver from 8 am - 7 pm, who's ate work on Valentine's Day at 7 pm?!?!) they finally arrived and once again it was totally worth it all for the look on her face.  See, we don't do flowers very often.  The last time I think (and I am far from sure) I had flowers delivered was for Valentine's Day when Amy was pregnant with Braeden.  So, this was something super special!  Can you tell I'm still proud of myself?  :)

Lastly, this was an extra special Valentine's Day because, as previously blogged, our LOI for Margaux was officially delivered!  How fitting this was for a day filled with love and the phrase "Be Mine".  This was not something lost on us as we long to hear confirmation that she will in fact be ours!  So, with the submission of this paperwork, we begin about a 2-week waiting period to hear the response from China.  Fingers crossed, prayers ascended, hopes high.  That's life in Drosche Land for the next couple of weeks.  

All in all it was a great day.  Special in so many ways, both usual and new!  Oh, and of course we had a pillow pet for Margaux too!  A ladybug, an easy choice with the symbolism of the ladybug in this whole process (good luck).  It's in her room now, waiting with an adorable little doll for a very special little owner to come home to hug and love them!

All is well, filled with love and blessed, in Drosche Land.

 Amy working with Jack on his valentines

 Braeden intently focused on addressing his valentines


 The boys and their new pillow pets


  Margaux's pillow pet!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys had a wonderful Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete