"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wiggle!

So, Jack just turned 4 last weekend, reminding Amy and I that we no longer have any babies.  The boys are growing up so fast it is ridiculous!  Today we were given yet another momentous reminder - Braeden lost his first tooth!  I know right?


See yesterday morning on the way to school he was talking about loose teeth and asking questions.  Amy and I just thought he was curious, I had just asked if they'd remembered to brush their teeth that morning.  Then, later that day his teacher came and told me that he totally freaked out about it in class.  After more tears it seems as though the problem was that he was terrified that he would have to go to the dentist to have the tooth pulled.  I have to bear some blame for his fear of the dentist.  I hate the dentist, but we never talk negatively about it so it must be inherited or something.  Anyway, then he got sick and that seemed to take over our thoughts, and blog posts.  Today though I got a text from Amy that it had fallen out!  The culprit?  A french fry!  He is totally alright with the idea now and Jack is quite impressed and in awe of his big brother.





The tooth is safely stored in the never-before-used Tooth Fairy Pillow awaiting her arrival tonight.  He really wanted a toy instead of money, but we informed him that toys are big and the tooth fairy is small so we are not sure she could carry a toy.  His solution?  He wrote a letter to her asking her to give him money so he could buy a toy!  Too cute!  Now we wait and see if she comes through, but I have a feeling she will come!  :)

Crazy how life goes though, we totally are shocked by the sudden realization that we have a child old enough to lose teeth!  We thought for sure he would go at least until the end of Kindergarten or the beginning of First Grade before he started to lose them!  But sadness over their ability to grow up so quickly aside, I am so ready for tons of cute gap-toothed pictures!  

All is well, with one less tooth, in Drosche Land.

 Here he is!  Proudly showing it off!

 Too cute right?  We got it long ago when Braeden was first born!  I am so excited to finally use it!

The tooth!  Excuse the writing on my hand, I got gas this morning and the pump was out of receipt paper!  


No comments:

Post a Comment