"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, September 24, 2011

What A Day!

Well, today was quite the eventful day here in Drosche Land.  2 boys, both with big events going on.  Today was Braeden's first T-Ball game and Jackson's 4th birthday party.  We were worried about how today would go this past week because Jack was home Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with a wicked fever virus.  I stayed home with him on Wednesday and Thursday, Amy took Friday.  I was fearful that the party would be cancelled any my baby wouldn't get his party.  See, not everyone could make it tomorrow for his actual birthday and next weekend is even busier (hard to imagine) than this.  Luckily he got over the illness yesterday and today could go ahead as planned.  I'm glad because he gets his party and also because we had ordered a Costco cake (yes, another birthday goes by without me getting to make a cake) and while I do love me some cake, what would the four of us have done with a ginormous chocolate cake?  I don't need that kind of guilt!

From the moment we woke up both the boys were practically vibrating with excitement, each awaiting his own big moment.  I lost count of the number of times we were asked how much longer until the game/party!  But it was cute to see them both so happy and eager for their time to shine.

Now, I'm not going to brag (much) about Braeden, but he did an awesome job at T-Ball today!  I'll admit, to no surprise, that he gets none of his athletic ability from me.  Stop nodding your head, I know it's true.  But the boy does well in sports.  Also, he was super cute in his uniform, go Padres!  He was on first base at the beginning of the game and did a really good job.  He truly understands the game and the way everything works, yet again a benefit from his avid sports-watching and studying!  I see tons of ESPN in his future!  When he was at bat he hit the ball on the first try (not that I was counting all the players' attempts) and when he was at bat again later on only the 2nd try. (again, not counting).  The only down side to the game was the oppressive heat and lack of shading.  But such it life.  It looks like we have an exciting season ahead of us with Braeden once again jumping head first into a sport!

Having Jack's party on the same day meant our family got to be there for both of the boys' adventures.  Everyone followed, caravan-style, back to our house for Jack's party.  The theme was Batman as he is a huge fan of pretty much every superhero.  The birthday boy's menu?  Chicken nuggets, potato chips and onion dip, and grapes!  He's easy to please!  It looked as though I would get to make my first-ever birthday cake.  Jack chose me over Costco.  Amy helped me plan out my Batman logo cake and I was all set.  Then last weekend Jack informed us that he wanted a Costco cake instead.  Dang!  Oh well, there's always next year's birthdays.  Luckily I get to make a cookie cake for Jack to take to school on Monday, that will have to do.  Some day, one of them is going to let me make a birthday cake, I'm holding out hope!  The party was a success and he loved his gifts.  The top gifts were definitely his Captain America costume and his camera!  I think he may have inherited my love of picture-taking!  Within an hour or so he, and his cousins, had taken 240 pictures (more than my 224 of the entire day)!  Granted many were blurry and indecipherable, but he loves it.  He also loves his costume which is complete with muscles and a shield (which he adorably calls a shelld).  

All in all it was a wonderful day.  Crazy busy and exhausting, but great.  Everyone is asleep but me.  I wanted to blog and of course go through my 224 pictures.  I'm proud to say I was able to whittle it down to just 98.  Not too bad for one day.  I know you are wondering where they are, well not all 98 but the highlights.  Well, you will just have to check back tomorrow for the Sunday Snapshot.  Of course, given the number of pictures and the fact that it was a big day for both boys, there will be many pictures so I guess it will be a Sunday Snapshots post!

So, the day is now coming to a close and after the excitement has died down I realize that between the T-Ball game and 4th birthday party both of my boys grew up a bit more today.  Sometimes it seems as though it is happening so fast!  I'm running, with camera in hand, to catch up.  My sadness over this though somewhat dissipates when I see the joy in their faces.  I'm so proud of them both.  They are awesome!

All is well, post-game and after party, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment