"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Olympic Body Image Issues?

I love the Olympics!  Both the Summer & Winter games.  I enjoy watching ALL of the Opening Ceremonies, each individual nation marching in is awesome (Amy doesn't always share the enjoyment for this particular part).  I love the music NBC has for the games, just hearing it gives me goosebumps.  I love the commentators and each of the events.  Honestly it is the only sporting event I truly enjoy.  I'm actually sad when they are over, 2 years is a long time to wait for another dose.  I'm sitting here, up too late yet again, watching the Short Track Speed Skating and Women's Bobsled events and a realization hits me.  Man, these athletes must be super comfortable with their bodies.  With the exception of the Skip Jump and Freestyle Ski events, everyone is in super tight/revealing outfits.  But I guess if you are a world-class athlete and you are competing in the Olympics, you probably are not too concerned with how you look in your aerodynamic, body-hugging, Lycra/Spandex outfit.  Or maybe you are, who knows?  All I know is that I'm not sure I could get in front of millions of people world-wide in a brightly colored body suit that leaves little to the imagination with 10 cameras at every angle and still perform my best.  But I guess that is one of the reasons why I am not an Olympian - that and the fact that I have 0% athletic ability, unless you could the Wii, then I may be able to top out at 2.5% or so.

In addition to the awesomeness that is the Olympics - there's also an app for that!  Yes, yet another app to strengthen the already inseparable bond I have with my iPhone!  This one is pretty awesome too, providing all kinds of info and up-to-the-minute scores, as well as the ability to post to Facebook and Twitter!  It's the little things that bring me joy.  Well, just random thoughts I guess tonight.  I should be heading off to bed soon though, 4:45 is going to come by awfully fast!  

All is well, loose-fitting, comfortable, and non-athletic, in Drosche Land! 

No comments:

Post a Comment