"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, February 26, 2010

Bumpy Ride

Well, to say it was a rough week would be an understatement.  Without getting into too many details, suffice it to say that dealing with people is not always an easy thing to do, especially when some people seem bound and determined to needlessly hurt others.  But, the week has finally come to an end.  Things are now slightly better (hopefully), but we will see what, if any, lasting effects this week's drama have for us.  Tonight we were supposed to go to a party at some friends' house, but that got cancelled due to the weather we were supposed to receive.  It never did rain, but man did it get cold.  As I sit here listening to the deafening sounds of the wind outside, I think that maybe it wasn't such a bad thing that the concert was postponed.  Plus it did allow us to come home and begin our weekend with a little bit of vegging at home - probably what we need after this past week.  But enough sad blogging, onto more pleasant topics.

Today was Go Texan Day!  Yee haw!  I'll include some pictures of the boys below because they are extremely cute, and no I don't think I am biased! :)  Braeden was so excited to wear jeans - Amy and I nearly fell over.  This is the same child who, for the past 6-8 months, has refused to wear jeans and has thrown major fits any time wearing them was even mentioned!  I don't know what Mrs. Tori, his Pre-School teacher, taught them about cowboys, but bless her!  He came home saying how cowboys wear jeans and a hat and a belt.  Lo and behold, my mom had just given the boys belts (complete with big belt buckles) and hats for Christmas.  He was over the moon at the idea of wearing his belt to school!  It was so cute this morning getting him dressed.  Although there is a part of me that is worried he will now insist on wearing his belt with any pair of pants - jeans or otherwise!  Ahhhh, the joys of parenthood!

Jack, on the other hand, was very excited about being a cowboy and wearing the belt and hat last night too.  However, this morning he had clearly changed his preferences!  He refused to wear either of them and would not let me take his picture here at the house.  Luckily, by the time we got to school his mood had settled and I was given permission to take his picture - sans hat and belt still of course!  :)  Oh, my special little guy!  How determined and strong-willed he is!  We are repeatedly told that this stubbornness will one day lead him to greatness!  I'm hoping so because the road there sure is filled with bumps and potholes!

So we end this tumultuous week a little bit calmer.  We watched Blades of Glory tonight, that helped bring some laughs in.  OMG I love Will Ferrell!  It was a good exchange from our usual Olympics watching we have been doing lately.  Hopefully the weekend will continue to improve things here with us, I'm hoping and praying so.  Still a lot up in the air, waiting to see how things will fall back down.  Fingers crossed for the best.  But for now Amy, the boys, and Lucy are all sound asleep and the house is calm.

All is well, and slightly better, in Drosche Land.  Yee haw! 



My Cowboys!

 

Braeden rockin' his belt and hat! 



Cowboy Jack - sans belt and hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment