"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, February 28, 2013

On the Move



She's crawling.

Finally.

We'd been expecting it for some time.  She's been showing the signs for a while and has been hard at work.  But, until last night, all we had was a fussy and frustrated little girl who couldn't quite figure it out.  I tried to post a video of it above but it wouldn't work and I got frustrated trying.  Maybe I'll figure it out another day.  Sorry.  You'll have to take my word for it!

In addition to crawling, she's also opening rolling over.  I know that might come as a surprise, but it is a skill she has yet to truly show off.  We've seen her do it.  Once.  Via video a couple of months ago. But she hasn't done it in front of us.

Now you know me.  I tend to worry.  Anxiety gets the best of me.  I was getting to the point where I was sure there was a problem.  I mean, come on.  Shouldn't she be crawling by now?  Yes, I know she's just nearly 9 months, but still.  Braeden was walking by 9 months.  I don't remember Jackson so well, that stage in life was kind of a blur, but I do know he was crawling around this time.  Walking later, nearly a year.

So yes, logically I know she is still young, but still I was nervous.  Now of course it seems foolish that I was ever concerned at all.  Everything in due time.  Isn't that what the Bible says.  To everything there is a season?  Well, HE, as always, is right.  Stella's season has now arrived.

As happy as we are, I don't know that we're quite ready for a mobile baby.  It's so much easier having the baby who just sits there.  Or the baby you carry around.  But one that moves about on their own?  Doing whatever they please?  Going wherever they choose?  That's a different story dear readers.  One I'm not sure we are prepared to get into.  But it's here!

Now, we've never been ones to over baby-proof the house. Sure, we have chemicals and sharp objects put away but we don't go to extremes with cabinet locks, corner guards, doorknob thingamajgs.  We didn't with either of the boys and all was fine.  Well, expect the time Jack bit into a dishwasher detergent capsule.  You know the kind.  Yep, made the call to Poison Control on that one.  Other than that though (he was fine) we just take it easy.  Less stressful, and cheaper.  So I guess in that manner we are prepared.  Physically.  But mentally?  That's different.  She's our baby.  Our last baby.  And she's growing too fast, and now she's moving.  Bittersweet.

But it is also exciting and that is what we are focusing on.  She's pretty happy about it, ecstatic actually, so we feed off of her excitement.  Her newfound freedom and independence.  She now has something she can control.  Other than the 4 of us that is!  :)  So, here we go.  At the turning point between infant and toddler.  So, vacuum the dog hair (darn Rex) and move the breakables to a higher shelf; Stella's on the move!

All is well, mobile and loving it, in Drosche Land.   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment