"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Repeat



Well, here I sit again.  At home.  With a sick kid.  Yes dear readers, illness has once more entered into Drosche Land.

Yesterday Stella was sent home with fever.  Ugh!  Seriously?  Those were the thoughts I had as I hastily prepped my classroom for the remainder of the day and today, gathered my things, and got the boys ready.  Our immediate thought was that she had gotten the flu as well.  It was, after all, nearly a week after Braeden came down with it.  But, of course, the doctor's office was closed for lunch so we headed home.  Other than the fever she seemed fine.  Not overly fussy.  No spitting up or otherwise.

After a call to the doctor we headed in since they wanted to see her to test for sure.  Turns out she was negative for the flu.  Just a virus.  Ugh.  A virus.  On one hand it was good that she didn't have the flu.  However, on the other hand it is always frustrating to be diagnosed with a virus since there is nothing, other than Tylenol/Motrin, that can be done.  So we headed back home to continue the medicine and hydration process.

And here I am today.  She's napping right now and seems to be doing well.  Fingers are crossed that it was a fluke and has passed.  In the meantime I, as usual, have been busy with the never-ending process of laundry.  Some friends, Stella's godparents actually, have us 4 bags of clothing in exactly the sizes she is working through right now!  Woo hoo!  So I have been keeping busy this morning sorting and laundering everything.  

Last week I was able to catch up, at least as far as Netflix will allow, on The Walking Dead.  I am a total addict now and cannot get enough.  But Netflix only has through Season 2 so I'm on hold until the current season is released.  I've shifted gears then to another new addicting show, Downtown Abbey.  If you haven't seen either of these I suggest you do, quickly.  But make sure you have the time to devote to it as you're likely to get addicted as well.

Well, there's the dryer buzzer.  Time to switch loads and begin to sorting process all over again.  Maybe you'll hear from me again today.  Plans for tomorrow are still in the air until we see how she does this morning.  Fingers crossed though.  I'm ready to be without sickness here and we've run out of Lysol!

All is well, battling illness again, in Drosche Land.   




No comments:

Post a Comment