"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's Here!

Christmas Break that is.  Well, at least for the kids and I.  Amy still has tomorrow and a half day on Friday.  But after that, it's vacation time.  Although, as is typically the case, we won't see much down time with the traveling that will be going on.  This year we will be heading up to Kansas to have Christmas with Amy's family.  Then it's back to our house for Christmas with my parents and New Year's.  Then it's back to school on the 2nd for the kids and I.  Sounds relaxing huh?  :)

It actually will be nice to have a break though.  Plus, we've been checking the forecast for Kansas and it looks quite possible that we will be having a white Christmas while there!  If so, I see some great snowy Sunday Snapshots in my future (fingers crossed)!

This past weekend we had my extended family over to our house for Christmas and it was fun hosting a party.  You'll recall that we always hosted the Christmas party for Amy's workers and we looked forward to it a lot.  Well, obviously with the job change that was no longer a plan.  Luckily the opportunity for us to host popped up and we took it.  As crazy as it is to host a bunch of people over for the holidays, it is a lot of fun.  It's always exhausting but I always say we should do it more often.  Who knows?  Maybe we will.

Well, I think I'm about to have to head off here.  Sorry for the short post, but I've got to run.  I'm still at school as Braeden has his Christmas Program/Advent Service tonight which I obviously have to be at also as a teacher.  Amy picked up Jackson and Stella and headed home with them since it was going to be a late night.  That leaves just the two of us.  It's time now to head out to dinner and then back to school for the service.  I'll be sure to post more later though.  I have some cute pictures from this past weekend of the kids opening presents.  I just wanted to stop in and say hey!  Hey!  See you in a bit!

All is well, on vacation, in Drosche Land.  

No comments:

Post a Comment