"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Year In Review

Well, here we are again.  New Year's Eve.  I'm so totally not ready with any sort of resolutions post so that's not what this is about.  Maybe tomorrow, or the day after that.  We'll see.

So, 2012.  There's only about an hour left as I'm typing this.  Oh wait, there goes the ball in Times Square.  Ok, it dropped.  Back to the post.  2012.  What a year.  I don't know about you, but it was full of big events here in Drosche Land.  Ups and downs, ins and outs.  I thought it would be fun for a change to quickly revisit the year.  Maybe you'll remember some of these things, maybe you won't.  Maybe some of them you'd like to forget?  We'll see.

January 2012 - We knew we were pregnant but had decided to not find out the gender of Baby #3.  Well, we caved and boy am I glad we did.  A girl!  What a pleasant shock!  We knew right then that things would never be the same!

February 2012 - We, you dear readers and I, celebrated the 2nd anniversary of this blog!  Wow, how time flies.  February also brought a "surprise" baby shower for us as we officially began preparing for Stella's arrival!  We also celebrated Leap year!  Just 3 more years until the next one!

March 2012 - Amy and I took the boys to a Sibling Class at the hospital where we had the first glimpse of them as big brothers.  It was great fun and they learned a lot.  As it turns out they are fantastic big brothers and Stella is enamored with them both as they dote on her all the time!

April 2012 - I participated in, and completed, the A-Z Blogging Challenge.  It was tons of fun and I found several new blogs to love and follow.  It also brought new, maybe you, readers here to Drosche Land.  I really want to do it again this year and am already starting to think of a theme or topics.  It is still a long way away, so I'll probably procrastinate a bit longer!  I'll keep you posted.

May 2012 - 2 big events in May.  1 - Braeden turned 6!  Wow, 6.  He's now over halfway to 7 and I still am in amazement that he's that old!  2 - Amy was put on bed rest with Stella and we knew we were nearing the end.  Another school year wrapped up and summer began.  

June 2012 - Obviously the biggest event of the year - Stella.  She came and we have not been the same since.  She has been a blessing and joy each and every day.  It was a long and hard journey to get her, but we are thankful each and every day for her!  June was also the month when Amy accepted her new job as a 1st Grade teacher!

July 2012 - We were smack in the middle of our first summer together.  We were a family of 5 and things were going great.  I took all 3 kids to the doctor and locked my keys in the car, in the rain.  I got new glasses.  Stella was baptized!

August 2012 - A new school year began!  Braeden started 1st Grade with me!  Amy started her new job teaching 1st Grade and she has been loving it!  It has been awesome to share so many things with each other.  August was also Amy's birthday!

September 2012 - Jackson's birthday!  He turned 5!  Yep, another one of our babies was no longer a baby, but an actual kid!  Braeden got glasses and turned out to be super cute in them!

October 2012 -  The boys both joined soccer teams.  This was Braeden's second time playing soccer and Jackson's first.  They had a blast and are already looking forward to the next time they can play sports!

November 2012 - My birthday!  Election Day!  I voted, did you?  I hope so!  I also blogged about paying it forward after we had the fun experience at Starbucks.  I keep forgetting to catch up with y'all about it but I have done this (paid for the person behind me at Starbucks) twice since then and it has been so much fun!  The boys have been with me both times and we always talk about doing kind things for others.  They enjoy it too.  I think it's time for another one, maybe the next time I hit up Starbucks!

December 2012 - Stella's first Christmas!  Road trip to Kansas!  This post!  December flew by for us as I am sure it did for many of you.  But it was a great month and we have been enjoying a wonderful holiday break together as a family!

Well, that is 2012 in a nutshell.  It was fun to look back at the posts and relive and remember what happened.  I think this may have to be a yearly tradition on New Year's Eve here in Drosche Land!  I hope you have enjoyed our brief jaunt back in time.  I also hope that 2012 was great for you.  Maybe it was awesome.  Maybe it was rough.  Probably, like it was for us, it was both.  Regardless.  I hope you are able to look back at it and smile at the great memories and blessings of the year gone by!  I know I am.  HE was certainly good to the Drosches in 2012.  I can't wait to see what HE has in store for us in 2013!  Happy New Year and I hope you have an awesome one!

All is well, remembering and starting new, in Drosche Land.      

No comments:

Post a Comment