"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Done!





Done!

With what, you ask? Soccer! Today was the Boyd's last game of the fall season! Now, don't get me wrong, I love it and it was fun. The boys had a blast and I'm glad we did it. But man am I happy it's over with! Our Saturdays are once again our own, to do with as we please. It's a good thing too because, as I'm sure it is with you dear readers, preparations for the holidays are in full swing here in Drosche Land!

It was a good season. Braeden's second and Jackson's first. It could have been a bit more organized, especially Jackson's team, but overall it was a good experience. Braeden really has improved and, as is the case with any sport, possesses a true love of the game. Jackson ran around, a lot. I'm not sure how many skills he picked up along the way, but he has a general understanding of the sport and what it means to be a part of a team. So I guess that's something.

I didn't get as many pictures this season. Very few in fact after the first game. Having Stella with us at the games meant less time to point and shoot. It's probably not such a bad thing after all though. As much as I love taking pictures, after a few hundred soccer shots they all start to look the same! I learned that from our first foray into soccer!

As you can see from the picture at the top of the post, the boys each got a trophy and that was probably the highlight of the season for them. Something to show for all of the work they put in. Something that says, "Congratulations on being a mini Beckham!".

The boys, Braeden especially, have already begun to plan out spring sports. He want to try his hand at T-ball again. Yikes! We shall see though. I can't even think about another season right now though. I'm just going to relish the fact that we have a very long time before we need to worry about it again!

For now, I'm going to enjoy the time off. Well, not really I guess as the holiday season will consume all the extra time and energy we have regained! But that's ok, it is Christmas after all!

All is well, postseason, in Drosche Land.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment