"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dog Days of Summer - Days 2 & 3

So, the best laid plans . . .  The 3 topics for this blog hop won't be spread out among the 3 days.  Eh.  Yesterday was my Back to School event and Amy and I went out with friends afterward so I was beyond exhausted when we came home.  But I'm still within the parameters of the blog hop so all is well.

I am stoked about the comments I've received and it's been fun checking out the other participants!  I've already enjoyed this mini blog hop so much!  On with the remaining sections!

Part 2: What activities do you have planned before summer is over?
Well, I don't have much time until summer is over since I begin back on Wednesday.  That doesn't leave much time for big plans!  Tomorrow I have a half day of meetings and then I'll be working in my classroom the remainder of the day.  Tuesday is a full day in my classroom for last minute planning and prep.  So, while it won't be anything spectacular, I assure you my final days of summer break will be busy.  My classroom is nearly finished since it had to be for yesterday's event.   I have some finishing touches and decorations to get together and then it's on with the block planning for the year, lesson planning for the first few weeks, and copies and materials prep.  I know, sounds like too much fun and I know you're green with envy!  :)  Seriously though I am very excited about the start of the new school year!

Part 3: If you could have the ultimate vacation ever where and what would it be?
Wow.  Those are some pretty lofty qualifications for a vacation.  It would definitely be somewhere overseas and far away.  Why stay close to home if it's the ultimate vacation?  So many places pop into my mind.  Ireland.  Tahiti.  Africa.  Italy.  Greece.  So it would definitely have to be some place exotic, some place that is a whole other world.  While there it would be awesome to see and do things that you would deem as "once in a lifetime".  Like kiss the Blarney stone.  Stay in one of those hotels that has a private house right on top of the water.  Go on a safari.  Wine country.  See the Parthenon and ancient ruins.  Catch my drift?  So I guess I'm undecided as of now.  Maybe if it weren't totally hypothetical I'd be able to nail it down.  Well, maybe not.  Maybe I'd just combine them all into some year-long mega-vacation.  Yeah, that sounds good.  An extended world tour.

Whew, that last one was a doozie.  Again, this little blog hop was fun.  Now that I've got two under my belt maybe I'll seek more out.  Well, after the initial craziness of a new school year dies down of course!  Well, I'd love to say and post more but I've got some blogs to hop around to and comments to leave and reply to.  It's been fun!  I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of their summer, however long you have left!

All is well, closing out summer, in Drosche Land.

dog-days-of-summer-blog-fest-august-10-12.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment