"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back

So, it's mid-August and I've been MIA for a week.  That can only mean one thing right?  That's right folks, it's Back to School time in Drosche Land!  Yes I know what you're thinking, "Gee, it's awfully early Dusty!"  And yes, you're correct.  However, Trinity always starts earlier than the other private schools and public schools.  It doesn't bother me because it comes in handy in late May and early June when everyone else is itching for summer and I've already been scratching for about a week.  Ok, maybe that wasn't the best analogy but you catch my drift.

Trinity started back this past Wednesday.  So that means that the kids and I already have 3 full school days under our belt for the 2012-2013 school year!  Stella's first day went well, though technically she started back before that when I had to report, but it was still the first day of the school year.  She does really well at school, she eats really well (though she does that well really anywhere she goes).  She doesn't nap too much but that just makes for easier nights if you know what I mean!  :)

Jackson started Pre-Kindergarten this year!  I can't believe we are about a month away from his 5th birthday!  Where has the time gone?  He still is under the impression that once he turns 5 he'll move right into Kindergarten and begin losing teeth.  It might sound odd but those are the things he associates with being 5.  Luckily he loves his teacher and class so when those don't happen at the end of next month there shouldn't be too large of a meltdown.

Braeden. First Grade.  With me.  Crazy, but true.  The moment we've been gearing up for has come. So far it's gone very well and he has had no problems differentiating between Daddy at home and Mr. Drosche at school.  I'm doing well too, it is a learning curve, but it's a great class this year so I know we will have a ton of fun together.

Wednesday was also Amy's birthday!  Her birthday falls on the first day of school every few years.  Possibly one of the best things that happened for her that day was that, one of the positives of stepping back into the classroom and out of administration was the fact that, for the first time ever, she was able to drop the kids off at their classrooms for the first day of school!  I went in early to prep and she brought them in later before heading to work herself.  It was great to see her get the opportunity to be a Mom on the first day of school and do those fun things!  I know she enjoyed it.

The first few days went very well for me.  Now we are gearing up for Amy's first day on this coming Wednesday.  She is totally prepared and ready.  I couldn't be more excited for and proud of her.  She is going to have a fantastic year.  We have already had a lot of fun talking shop together and I know that will continue throughout the year as we share the joys of teaching First Grade!

So, we're back in action here!  Something old, something new.  It's going to be a great year though!  Below I've attached our annual Back to School pictures!  Exciting times!



All is well, back to school, in Drosche Land.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment