"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, November 21, 2011

Stuffed

My name is Dusty, and I'm an Over-Packer. (Hi Dusty!).

So Adam and I leave for Vegas on Wednesday morning and I am stoked. It is going to be awesome. I've checked the flights several times over the past few days and have been mentally packing all day long. I know what I can and cannot bring on the plane and the list of cannot is ridiculously long. But such is life in this day and age. Onto my problems with packing.

First of all we are not checking any luggage. $25? Seriously? No thanks, I'll cram it all into a smaller suitcase and then cram that into my overhead storage bin, thank you very much. But with the cramming comes additional problems. Well, I guess with the cramming and my tendency to over pack come additional problems. 4 nights and 3 days. That's how long we will be there. I packed 5 full sets of clothing and 2 pairs of shoes (not counting the pair I'll be wearing on the flight). That's not too much right? I can never bring myself to pack just for the days I'm there. I get a serious case of the "What if's". What if I don't want to wear what I originally packed. What if I spill coffee all over myself. What if it's super hot and I feel all gross and need to freshen up and change. The list goes on. So I over pack. Another downfall of this is the certainty that I will be ironing withing a few hours of arrival. But at least I'll be able to make good use of the closet and dresser space right? I don't think I did too badly, I weighed my bag and it only weighs 25 lbs and I'm allotted 40 lbs., so I have plenty of space left over.

However, with as much as I've shoved into my suitcase, there's a ton I wasn't able to bring thanks to strict TSA restrictions. I opted against loading a Ziploc bag full of 3 oz. (or smaller) containers and leaving that valuable space for additional clothing. So it looks as though I'll be going shopping at the hotel or some drugstore on the Strip.

So, I think I'm finished packing. I sure hope so, I'm so OCD about it that I pack, unpack, and repack at least once. But hey, that's normal right? I know I'm not alone there. It's all there though, 5 sure to be wrinkled sets of clothing, 2 pairs of shoes, and a tightly coiled belt. Check, check, and check. The one thing I always seem to forget is my iPhone charger! I should set a reminder. Ahhhh! Packing is so stressful! But the trip is so worth it!

All is well, crammed, stuffed, and zipped, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment