"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Snapshot - Looking Back

I'm here, peeking my head out of our busy lives for a new blog post!  I have lots of posts brewing in my head but I'm short on time to get them out.  Worry not though, I'm not sure when, but I'll be back to posting regularly!  

My Mom gave me a bunch of old pictures today.  One she has been going through from cleaning out Granny's house.  Pictures that belonged to her.  Pictures of the boys when they were babies, me when I was little, my Mom when she was little, and even older than that.  They are special not only because they are fun vintage pictures, but also because they were hers.  I am a sucker for old pictures, the older the better.  I love the memories they hold and I could spend hours looking at them and remembering the times (if I was there) or wondering about the times (if they were from before my time).  So, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites from the batch I got today, thanks to my beloved and ever-present iPhone and its awesome camera.  I have tons more so maybe I'll be posting vintage throwback pictures more often.  Hmmmm, do I smell a regularly occurring themed post?  Maybe!  Anywho, here are some from today.  I enjoyed the quick trip down Memory Lane when I looked through them this evening, hopefully you'll enjoy them also!

All is well, picture perfect, in Drosche Land.

 This is a Polaroid (gotta love those) of my parents on their wedding day!
 
 One of my favorite pictures of my cousins and I (I'm on the far left) from when we were little!  1986

 Me sleeping.  I look remarkably like Braeden!  1982

 What's more adorable than a 5-year old with a broken arm wearing lederhosen?

Amy and I at my cousin's wedding, about 5 years ago.  Not super vintage, but look how young we were! 

 This is Granny (left) with my Mom and her brother when they were babies, 1952!  I didn't get too close so you could see the scalloped edges of the photo!  Love old photos!


Sunday Snapshot


 

No comments:

Post a Comment