"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Connectivity

Ok, so you know I love me some TV. However, life doesn't revolve around my TV schedule, as much as I'd like it to (stop rolling your eyes Amy!). That is why I have broadened my TV love to include the technological wonder that is DVR! I mean seriously, what did we do without it? How did we get everything done AND see every must-see show on every network at the exact same time? I have no clue. Luckily I don't have to ponder this too often because of the aforementioned DVR. Since we have long since dropped cable service to knock out our debt snowball my DVR of choice is our trusty TiVo box that Amy got me as a gift many moons ago when we were still living in the apartment and had just one itty bitty baby. Luckily she had the incredible foresight (as often is the case with her) to purchase the box outright rather than rent it. Flash forward a couple of years and that investment has more than paid off!

Said TiVo box is housed in our bedroom so we can relax and watch everything we didn't originally have time for at our own convenience. Due to the lack of cable and the age of our TiVo box a digital converter was needed when we connected it. This resulted in problem-free recording and hours of blissful, commercial-free programming on demand! However, things have taken a sudden turn for the worse. Sometime Tuesday something went wrong. Very wrong. It appears as though the connection between our converter and television has been lost. Now, I consider myself a pretty techno-savvy person. My kryptonite though, is connecting televisions, DVD players, Blu-ray players, the Wii, etc. For some reason I have extreme difficulty in this area. Enter Amy, she's a wiz with the cables, cords, and connections. I did give it my best shot though, to no avail. The connection is still lost and I am clueless. Luckily it has nothing to do with our network so I can still access Netflix via the Blu-ray (I'm totally addicted to the original Melrose Place right now but that's a post for a different time) so not all is lost. Also luckily it didn't affect any of our previously recorded programs so we can watch those, we currently have 5 episodes left in this past season of Grey's Anatomy so that was a blessing. Oh and one last luckily - it's summer so there aren't any new shows to record and our schedules are slightly easier and more accommodating.

So, tomorrow I will once again try to reestablish the connection of the two once inseparable companions an save the day. I have a while until the fall season begins so I have pretty high hopes still of figuring it out. Worst case scenario - we learn to live (gasp!) without a DVR! But I'm not even going to give that horrific thought another moment. Who knows? There's still time for a miracle right?

All is well, attempting to reconnect, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment