"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, June 11, 2011

All I Ever Wanted

You know, as in vacation.  Cue the Go-Gos song!  You know you're singing along now.  I love me some 80's music.  Anyway, back to the post.

Tomorrow we go on our first big vacation as a family.  Sure, we've gone away for short little trips, a day or two, but tomorrow is the real thing.  We will be traveling to a lake house in Beaver Lake, Arkansas with Amy's family and will be gone an entire week.    We will head back home on Friday but get to drop the boys off with my parents as we head back out of town, to Giddings this time, for a good friend's wedding!  A week-long vacation!  It's just what we needed after a crazy last few months.  A great time to get away and relax.  I hope to have a slew of pictures to share next Sunday, plus we are taking our camcorder.  I really want to start making videos.  I had a lot of fun with iMovie and the footage from Braeden's Pre-K graduation.  So, that is one of my many new goals.   

When we first planned this vacation, everything sounded like relaxing fun.  However, the closer it gets I am very aware of the chaotic stress of planning a trip like this.  The cleaning, the laundry, the packing, there are a gobzillion things to do.  Sure in the end it will have all been worth it, but for now the house is a whirlwind of action and mess.  We've done our best to straighten everything up so we don't return to the house and find it in a state of chaos, we'll see how well we did next weekend!  One of the biggest stresses of the event was finding some place for the dogs to stay.  Luckily Adam is not going on the trip due to his summer courses and has generously agreed to dog sit for us!  We're going to pay him of course, but it will save us a fortune over kenneling them.  Who knew it was so ridiculously expensive to board your dogs? 

For now though all is settled and as ready as it's going to be.  Everything is packed, the car is loaded, the kids are asleep, I've got 2 new books (one free!) loaded onto the iPad to read, the iPod is updated and charged, and the camera and camcorder batteries are charging.  I think that's it.  Tomorrow we will wake at the butt-crack of dawn to join the Caravan of Craziness (not the official term, but applicable) as we venture out on what is sure to be loads of fun.  I'm still anxiety-ridden about swimming in a lake, but hopefully I'll get over that before we get there.  It has always creeped me out to think about lake water and not being able to see in it or touch the bottom.  Gives me the willies just thinking about it.  

Well, I think I will sign off now as my tired and vacation-ready brain has caused me to ramble, veering in and out of topic.  Who knows when I will be posting again, depending upon the signals in the Arkansas wilderness I may or may not be doing any mobile vacation blogging.  Ahhhh, vacation.  I love the sound of that.

All is well, vacation-ready, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment