"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

What Lies Ahead?

So. 2015. We are almost a full week into the new year and so far it's going well. I had originally intended to write this post last week but it didn't happen. Our New Years camping trip was busy and fun-filled so that took precedence. I'm sure you'll understand. I'll post more about that trip next time, hopefully, but for now let's talk 2015. 

How has the first week of your new year been?  Good?  Exciting?  The same ole song and dance?  Whatever the case, I hope you're happy and enjoying life this year. So far at least.  I checked back to last January and I didn't post anything about resolutions, so I'm thinking that means I didn't make any last year. Did I?  If I did, it's doubtful I kept them since I can't remember!  Yikes!  But here I am thinking about them. Should I?  Do you?  I think it's good to have goals. Goals for improvement. Goals give you something to work toward. So I guess I'll make some resolutions/goals. But I'll keep it simple. 

Blogging. This is one I've made before in the past. Last year was busy and rough and the posting here suffered and dwindled some months. It began with the burlgarly and loss of a laptop. Blogging from an iPad isn't horrible, but not the same. Especially if I want to post pictures. So hopefully 2015 will bring a more regular posting schedule for us here in Drosche Land. Not that I'm expecting anything too exciting or groundbreaking, but you never know what will happen. Or maybe you just enjoy my ramblings. 

Running. I can't even believe I am mentioning this. But when Amy and I got into running last year I was probably more surprised than anyone. I mean seriously. Me?  Running?  But here we are, about 6 months later, and I enjoy it. It keeps us healthy. It's a great way to de-stress and clear your mind. And fitness and a healthy lifestyle is something we would like to model for the kids. So hopefully Amy will keep me accountable and I will do likewise for her. Maybe 2015 will even bring a 5K or two?

Eating. We already eat pretty healthily here. With Stella's allergies and Jackson's ADHD, we are limited on the places we can eat out and nearly all junk food has been eliminated from our diet. Now, don't get me wrong. We still enjoy some guilty pleasures and splurges. But overall, we eat well. This is in no way my doing though. I give Amy total credit. She makes everything fresh and/or from scratch. Bread, tortillas, all meals, etc. We rarely eat anything that comes from a box or can. It's nice. We've noticed. The health benefits so that is more than enough motivation to keep it up. This yesr we are hoping to add in more organics into our diet. Cutting out as many chemicals and additives and unhealthy whatnot.

Faith.  Strengthening my faith is always a positive. We've gotten quite good at doing devotions as a family lately and I'd like to keep that up. We have the times when busyness and life gets in the way, but as a whole we do a decent job. It's important to model this for the kids as well so they can be firm in their faith and get a good foundation. Amy is also a great example for me in this sense also as she supports and models it daily. So I've got that to look to. A more regular return to reading the Bible. Better prayers habits. Just strengthening that relationship with Him. 

So. I think that wraps it up. 4 basic and typical things. But easy. Let's see what 2015 brings to support and challenge these. I'm sure it'll be an adventure. Good luck to you with your goals and resolutions as well!  

All is well, goals set, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment