I know what you're thinking. "Dusty, where have you been?" "Dusty, why haven't you been posting a Sunday Snapshot recently?" and "Dusty, why are you blogging in mid-morning, shouldn't you be at work?" I was right, wasn't I? Do I know my readers or what? :)
Well, dear readers, rest assured that those burning questions will be answered by this post. First, we'll need to travel back to last Saturday, I guess 2 Saturdays ago to be exact. Its started out as any other Saturday does, with soccer games. It was gearing up to be a busy weekend as it was almost my birthday. Jack and Stella had slight coughs, but we thought nothing of it as the weather here has been funky, up and down, so that's to be expected. Little did we know.
Flash forward to Tuesday, the day of my last post. I was starting to lose my voice, Jack and Stella's coughs had worsened a bit, and Braeden had now picked up a cough as well. Amy decided to keep Jack and Stella home and make a trip to the doctor to head off any problems before they began. We're just slightly gun-shy after our adventures in August with Stella so we're not taking any chances. Braeden and I head to school, sans my voice, and we try to go about a usual day. Turns out Stella, and likely Jack, have bronchiolitis. Albuterol is prescribed for all Drosche children and Amy decides to keep Stella and Jack home Thursday as a precaution.
Thursday goes without much incident, although the aforementioned coughs don't seem to be getting better. Luckily though (foreshadowing) they don't have any fevers. My voice is slightly better so we decided to get back into our routine on Friday and everyone returns to their respective schools. Friday goes without incident until lunch. Bum bum buuuuummm. Yes, you guessed it, Stella has fever. So I make plans to take a half-day, get the boys, and head to the doctor. Amy calls to make the appointment and they inform her to head to the ER instead. Say what?! We figure they're being proactive after seeing her chart (everything harks back to August). So I hurriedly grab the kids and meet Amy at the ER.
Long story (and wait) short we learn nothing. Yes, nothing. After 4 hours we finally convince them to see us, as Stella has now missed a breathing treatment and Tylenol dosage. They tell us she has bronchiolitis. We knew that. They tell us to give her Tylenol as needed for the fever. We knew that. They tell us that all is well as long as her diapers are wet and the fever doesn't spike. We knew that. Catch the trend? So we head home, frustrated and disgruntled. Upon returning home we find that Jackson now has a fever. No, I'm not kidding, you can't make this stuff up. Medicine begins for a 2nd Drosche child and we enter a restless night.
Saturday we bow out of the soccer games and stay home, shut in, with the hopes of shaking whatever sickness has a grasp upon our family. No dice. Fevers and coughing continue. Luckily Braeden doesn't develop a fever. For a change at least one Drosche child seems immune to everything floating around. My voice returns but a sore throat lingers.
Sunday comes the decision for me to keep the kids home. I have to head to church/school for a meeting so I prep everything for Monday (today). Somehow in all of this Amy seems to have been secured inside a protective health bubble. Or so we thought, last night she begins to feel poorly. Ugh!
So, that brings us to this morning. Amy headed to work, both of us praying for her health, and I stay home with the kids. I'm finally fully well and Jackson is flirting with the idea of being healthy and, fingers crossed, may be on the mend. Stella, though, can't seem to get rid of her fever or cough. So far though, all is well. Tomorrow is up in the air though, depending fully upon today and what happens. I've made plans to stay home again tomorrow so all is set there. We will just wait and see.
See, I told you the answers to your questions lay within this post. Oh, Sunday Snapshot. Obviously has not happened as no one has been in the picture-taking or having their picture taken mood. Bummer too because last weekend was to be Stella's 5 Month shoot! That may happen this weekend if everyone gets and remains cured. Again, it's a waiting game. Until then Tylenol, Albuterol, and prayers abound here. And that, dear readers, bring us current! :)
All is well, sort of, in Drosche Land.