"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Connectivity

Well, wouldn't you know it?  I make a vow to not be gone so long and bam, our Internet goes o n the fritz.  And I totally had a Sunday Snapshot too!  Oh well, I guess it'll have to wait until this coming Sunday. Bummer. 

I mean I could have blogged from my iPhone is 4G but that's an ordeal in itself and leads to numerous grammatical and spelling errors. Both of which drive me bananas when I find them elsewhere, so I truly loath making them myself. But here I am. 

Having the Internet down got me thinking about how much we rely on it, that and technology in general. I mean, I wasn't totally disconnected (Yikes!  I cringe just thinking about it) as I could still use 4G for everything but still. We've taken a break from cable again, a topic for another post, so no Internet connection meant no way to access Netflix of Hulu.  Gasp!  Only network TV?!  

Now you know how addicted I am to technology and media in general, too much I know. So maybe I was affected more than the average person?  Maybe not?  It made me wonder what life will be like for the kids in the future, or in a few years for that matter?  How will minor interruptions in connections affect them?

Speaking of technology, in my already random and rambling post, today the new iPhone 5 was announced at Apple's big event. Woo hoo!  Now I'm not getting one, I don't need one as my 4S is only a year old. But it is still so much fun to see all of the new features and offerings Apple has for us all.  I can dream right? :)

Well, I think that about wraps up my random, stream-of-consciousness post.  Maybe I'm sleep-deprived or suffering the effects of limited connectivity an technology?  Maybe I'm just in a random mood?  Hmmmm?

All is well, connected again, in Drosche Land. 

2 comments:

  1. We too went cable-free after the move. In full disclosure, I cancelled Comcast after 3 days. It was expensive and already not working. We also refuse to do satellite. It is very enlightening to see how little we miss not having it - even though we have watched a bit of Hulu. Honestly, I feel more productive at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit that I am quite the TV addict so no cable affects me most of all. But with Hulu and Netflix it isn't so bad. Plus you are right about the productivity thing! :)

      Delete