"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, December 05, 2011

Sunday Snapshot - Tannenbaum

Well, I am still here!  I promise.  Last week was 12 kinds of busy but rest assured I have not forgotten or neglected my little corner of the blogosphere.  Due to 2, yes 2, sick boys I am home and plan on using the unexpected time to catch up on some blogging and update.  For now though I will share my first holiday-themed post of the season!  Last weekend we decorated our trees.  Over the past 2 years we've invested in 2 awesome artificial trees (thank you crazy "Day After Christmas" sales!) and all Drosches were super excited to put them up and decorate as soon as I returned from Vegas.  As usual, the one downstairs is our "Show Tree" where all the decorations match and are formal.  Upstairs we have our "Family Tree" that holds all of our special family ornaments.  This is also the tree Santa leaves his presents at!  This year though, after several years of suggesting/hinting/convincing/(maybe a bit of whining) Amy let me get a 3rd tree!  For this one we have returned to a real tree and it is wonderful.  It is decorated with all of our glass ornaments, something we've been thinking about for a while.  We found a great spot for it, in the dining room, and I now have a year to decide where I can start planning for a 4th tree!  Until then I am enjoying our 3 wonderful trees and everything the bring to this joyous season!  I didn't get any good shots of them being decorated, for some reason this escaped me until after the fact.  Like I said, it was crazy busy and I had just returned from Vegas.  In retrospect I truly wish I had some, it's the first year without them.  But it is what it is, I'm sure I'll make up for it throughout the holiday!  However, I have pictures of the finished trees but trust me, the decorating was a blast!

All is well, picture perfect, in Drosche Land.

 Our Family Tree, ready for Santa's visit!

 The Show Tree, decked out in red, silver, and white.  Ready for our hosting of Amy's annual Staff Christmas Party later this month!

 The newest addition to our collection!



Sunday Snapshot
 

No comments:

Post a Comment