"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Let Me Entertain You

So, it is FINALLY Christmas break!  Well, actually yesterday was the first official day of break, but let's not split reindeer hairs.  I'm back!  I haven't forgotten my slightly neglected but much-loved blog.  The week before Christmas and the week before the end of the school year are always crazy busy so blogging (sadly) fell to the rock-bottom of my list.  But anywho, I'm back!

Christmas Break, well at least the beginning of it anyway, means it's time for the annual Christmas Party for Amy's Center!  And we host it!  I love this and live for it all year long, well at least from November until December.  It's not a ton of work, mainly just massive house cleaning due in part to the previous, and aforementioned, crazy week which leaves our house disheveled and in need of tidying.  This year though I get to bust out our brand-new Dyson for the event!  Christmas cleaning, is there anything better?

Yesterday I mowed and cleaned up the front and back yards in preparation for the kids coming so they could play outside and run around.  Then last night and this morning it poured.  But hey, that's what a loft is for right?  The perfect place to banish entertain the kids!  I have also been plowing my way through copious loads of laundry and am oddly only about halfway done!  Today on the agenda is vacuuming (Dyson-filled fun) and lots of it.  I also have to clean the bathrooms and the kitchen.  Oh and making a batch of Chex Mix!  I think that's it although I am sure something will be added to the list throughout the day.  

Tomorrow is sure to be fun as it always is.  I do enjoy hosting the party and having everyone over.  I am always trying to think of another occasion when we can host something, but living so far out makes it somewhat difficult.  Oh well, it just makes this even all the more special.  An added bonus is that we cater the food from La Finca our favorite place just across the street!  Yum!

Well, I had better start some of the tasks on today's list so I can begin checking them off!  Dyson, Tide, and cleaning supplies are calling my name!

All is well, the host with the most, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment