"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, November 04, 2013

Birthday Eve

'Tis the night before my birthday and it's getting late, everyone else is sleeping as tomorrow I await.

Hello again.  Have you seen that movie from the 80s?  With Shelley Long?  I love it, it's great.  A great comedy from my childhood.

Welcome back.  Now the theme song from Welcome Back, Kotter is stuck in my head.  True, before my time, but I was a child of Nick at Nite.  Not the current one with original programming and stuff from the 2000s.  Ugh.  I'm talking about when it was new and they played actual classics.  The Facts of Life, Bewitched, Laugh-In, The Patty Duke Show.  Or have those become vintage and the 90s classics?  Am I getting that old?

But I digress and enough TV references, for this post at least.  So I'm back.  It's not been a whole month, we're a few days shy of that, so you couldn't have forgotten me yet.  However, this seems to be the theme for my dear blog this year.  Who knew 2013 would be so busy?  New jobs, new schools, a toddler.  Anywho, I'm still here.  

So, tomorrow is my birthday.  I can reminisce via this blog of the days when I was lamenting turning 30.  Oh how young and naive I was back then.  :)  I still can't believe that this year I'll be 30+3.  Yeah, I don't think I'm actually ready to see my age in digits just yet.  Yikes.

Another year older.  I don't feel a year older.  I definitely don't feel 30+3.  I think.  Then again, maybe I do.  Maybe this is how it feels to be 30+3?  Not much different than 23 or even 30 for that matter.  Just a little, ok a lot, busier and with more diapers.  But those things can be directly linked to the presence of kids.

The main difference I have found with getting older is the inability to think of gifts that I want for my birthday.  You're always asked.  I used to be able to rattle off an extensive list.  Nope, not anymore.  Am I wiser?  More content?  Probably not.  Maybe the list is just too long for me to single out particular items?  Maybe.  What about you?  Do you find it hard to think of what you want the older you get?

Well, this post seems to be walking the fine line of blogging vs rambling.  Maybe I've crossed it already?  Basically it could be summed up with 1 - Hey, I'm back!  2 - How have you been?  3 - Tomorrow is my birthday.  

Nothing fancy, just me.  Again.

All is well, almost 30+3, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment