"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sunday Snapshot: 9 Months


9 months.  Wow.

I think that's how I began the 8 Month post?  Still, it amazes me every month.  It doesn't matter that I know it's coming.  It doesn't matter that I've already experienced this twice with the boys.  It still takes me by surprise each and every month when I stop to look and realize how much she has grown in just one short month.

Her new favorite smile!  I'm proud to say I taught her this!

As you can clearly see we now have multiple teeth.  5 in fact.  She's definitely learning how to use them too.  On Amy that is!  See, for some reason Amy is the only one she bites.  Never purposefully though, mostly accidental.  Well, at least I'm assuming it's accidental!  :)  It sure does seem as though she will take after Jackson and be putting anything and everything she can get ahold of into her mouth!  Oh the joys!

Blocks are by far her favorite toys for chewing!

This month's photo shoot started out rocky.  I was rolling right along and getting some great shots.  Then I realized that the SD card wasn't in the camera.  Crap!  After putting it back in I tried to recreate the magic we'd had before.  No dice.  She wasn't having it.  Full-on fit.  So we took a break.  Amy suggested a pause and a snack before trying again.  As is typically the case with her advice it worked.  About 45 minutes later we were back in our outfit and back at it.  It wasn't the same as before and I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I usually do, but I was able to get some great shots and edit some others to get them up to par.

Can you see the attitude here?  She was getting tired of the photo shoot by this point and it looks as though she wants to punch (or maybe bite) me.

As I've mentioned before she is off and crawling now.  Into everything.  I'd forgotten how, despite her chunky little arms and legs, she can blaze through the house at lightening speed!  She's already working on pulling up and standing so, we fear, walking is not too far away!  Yikes!  But her newfound mobility is a relief to Amy and I as we no longer need to be right by her all the time, holding her up or moving her around.  She's quite content to do whatever she wants and go wherever she wants.  Clearly she is under the impression that she runs this place!  I wonder where she would have gotten that idea?  :)

You know I had to have a black and white!

So here we are.  Another month down.  Just a few more to go before we reach her big birthday.  I am nowhere near ready for that!  I wonder what 10 months will bring?  She's babbling up a storm now and man can that girl "talk" once she gets going?!  She has a lot to say, all of the time.  Her favorite sound is, "baba", and she uses it with many different tones, intonations, and expressions to mean a variety of things.  It's hilarious and the boys will speak it back to her and carry on conversations about who knows what.  Hopefully they're not all secretly planning a mutiny!  Until then we just talk back to her and await her first word.  Amy is working on it being "Dada".  Braeden's was "Mama" and Jack's was "Hi".  We will see what her highness has to say!  It's only a matter of time.

All is well, picture perfect, in Drosche Land.


www.nihaoyall.com.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment