"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, March 31, 2013

A to Z: The Theme!

Ok, so I have a theme.  

Finally.

I know what you're thinking.  It's about time.  Why haven't you told us?  The suspense was  killing you and here I am, leaving it to the very last minute.  Well, dear readers, worry not.  See, I took a long look at the past year when thinking about a theme for this year.  What to blog about?  

I thought about pictures.  I love taking some pictures, but that was a little too similar to last year.  That and my photography has been a little slow lately with the busyness of life.

Food?  Well, I like to eat, but I don't cook.  At all.  Would my opinion on foods, without a recipe be worth reading?  That and what do I eat that begins with x?  Although I do love quinoa.

Books?  Well, I'm doing children's books for my teaching blog so I didn't want to overkill that thought.  That and with small children in the house for the past few years I really haven't had the time to read as much as I'd like.

So now what?  I'd signed up already.  I'd committed myself.  I do love the challenge too, so I couldn't just cop out.  What to blog about???

Then it hit me.  Stella.  If I look back at the past year, although tons has happened, having a 3rd child has been a dominant part of it.  Bingo!  ding ding ding!

See, I've been a parent for 6 years, but this was like being a new parent all over again.  I'm older.  It's a girl!  Cloth diapers?  So many things had changed in the world and our lives since we had Jackson.  So, my theme will be Stella/baby.  The A to Z of having a 3rd child, my beloved daughter Stella.  

I already have a lot of the letters assigned but, truth be told, I have yet to schedule any! Gasp!  I know.  Scheduling is key to success in the challenge so I need to get on top of that!  So, I hope you enjoy the next month and 26 days of insight into being a 3rd time around parent.  Funny?  Insightful?  Introspective?  Entertaining?  I promise nothing, well, other than myself.  So, join along with me once again as I work my way through the alphabet, April, and being a parent.  Again.

Oh, and I do still want to do Sunday Snapshot posts when I can and possibly even the occasional post that is unrelated to the challenge but totally related to Drosche Land.  We will see though.  Thanks so much!  Get ready!

All is well, ready for the challenge, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment