"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, June 14, 2012

It Can Wait

My name is Dusty, and I'm a procrastinator.  It's probably one of my worst faults and definitely one that drives Amy crazy (she's nodding now).  I don't know why I put off until tomorrow what should be done today.  More often than not it creates more problems than it's worth.  I also tend to hang out with procrastination's first cousin, laziness.  The two of them work together to do a number on me.

Why am I (finally getting around to) writing this post?  Well, ironically it's a post I've been meaning to write, but have had to postpone because of prior procrastinations.  See, I'm in charge of creating Trinity's yearbook.  A task I love and thoroughly enjoy.  I've been working on yearbooks since middle school and it is one of my favorite things.  However, this year it didn't come so easy.  With the busyness of the year, I kept putting it off.  The deadline is June 15, tomorrow (or today depending upon when you're reading this).  Theoretically it should be done before school lets out for summer.  Theoretically.  That didn't happen.  Then it was supposed to be finished before Stella's birth.  That didn't happen.  However, I am happy to say that I am, finally, finished!  2 days ahead of the deadline! Although I can't take total credit for it, I owe a lot to Amy for prodding me along to get it finished, ASAP.

So now I can enjoy my summer as my work is finished.  But procrastination doesn't seem to take a holiday.  Tomorrow I tackle another thing I've been putting off for a while, installing a baby gate at the top of the stairs.  Or should it say re-installing.  We bought it a few months ago and, against the better judgement of my beautiful wife, I neglected to properly find a stud to mount it in.  So, I've put off not only properly installing the gate, but also patching the holes created by my first attempt.

These are just two of the most recent examples of my tendency toward procrastination but I'm sure if I thought about it I could give many more (Amy's nodding again).  Maybe I'll make a list, later that is.  All of this procrastination is to blame for my lack of blogging as of late.  That and a new baby in the house!  Stella is doing very well, as is Amy!  She is adorable, amazing, and had me wrapped around her finger (all that nodding is going to hurt your neck Amy).  I have a whole other post dedicated to her homecoming in my head, but I'll post it tomorrow.  There are also other goings ons here in Drosche Land that I will tackle in upcoming posts.  That's not procrastinating, just a side affect of the yearbook procrastinating.  But I thought I owed it to you dear readers to explain my brief hiatus here this past week, and to share more about myself.  Even if it is a fact about a bad habit I'm not too proud of.

So, that's it.  A dirty little secret about yours truly.  Do you suffer from procrastination?  You don't have to tell me now, we can talk about it later.  Hopefully everything you're putting off won't pile up on you!  Before I go, and because she's just so darned cute, I have to share a picture of Stella!  More to come on her!  Hopefully tomorrow!

We took a picture of ourselves, relaxing!

All is well, I'll get around to it eventually, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment