"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Quack

So, I know that I am late getting on this bandwagon.  I know.  But I have become totally addicted to Duck Dynasty.

Now, you know I love me some reality television.  However, with our decision a while ago (maybe a year now?) to get rid of cable I don't get to see as much of it as possible.  I mean the good trashy stuff that's on cable.  Sure I love Big Brother and we sort of follow the craziness of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, and I am stoked about the upcoming season of Survivor.  But I miss the Housewives.  OC, Atlanta, New York, New Jersey.  See, cable reality shows aren't really on Hulu or Netflix and those are our primary ways of watching TV now.  Being busy we don't always get to watch it live.  So Hulu and Netflix team up to be our DVR.

So, I've gotten off on a tangent.  Big surprise right?  But I'm back now.  I have been hearing all about Duck Dynasty.  Seeing it on Facebook.  It seemed awesome.  It seemed like something I'd love.  However, patiently as I might wait, it just never is going to make it to Hulu or Netflix.  Come on cable channels, unclench!

This past holiday weekend we were at my sister-in-law Amanda's house and she has cable.  So I was bound and determined to watch some.  Lo and behold it was everything I could ever hope for.  Ahhhhhh.  Thus began a love affair with yet another TV show.  This time though, Amy fell for it with me.  We are full-fledged addicts now.

But we can't stay at Amanda's.  Nor can we trek the 8 miles over there to watch TV.  What ever is a TV addict to do?  Enter my wonderful wife.  Turns out Duck Dynasty is available on iTunes and you know we are Apple people, having already bought our second Apple TV.  So she surprised me and bought Season 1.  We spent the remainder of the weekend relaxing on the couch and marathoning our way halfway through the season.  

What joy!  What bliss!  What fun redneck comedy!  Sure, maybe some of it is staged.  What reality show isn't.  But I still think the core of the show is true and awesome.  The best part about it is that it is something we can all watch.  The boys love it as well.  I can't say the same thing about all of my other reality TV shows (sorry housewives).

Do you watch Duck Dynasty?  What do you think?  Do you love it?  Which is your favorite? Phil?  Miss Kay?  Willie?  Jase?  Jep?  Uncle Si?  I can't choose, although Uncle Si gets Amy and I laughing all the time!  If you, like I was, are one of the last remaining people to see this, I highly suggest you watch!  Trust me.

Oh, and just to give you an extra laugh, there's an app too.  It's called Beard Booth.  I love it.  See the picture of the boys I made below!  AWESOME!

All is well, happy happy happy, in Drosche Land.

HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment