"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Break & 500

Hey!

Long time no blog.

A month to be more exact.  No major reason or drama though.  Just on summer vacation and thought I would take a break.  Not that I don't love to blog and there has been plenty of material this summer, but it was nice just to have a summer.  

Remember this is the first summer Amy and I have had together in forever so it was kind of a big deal in our family.  And it's been a great summer.  We have done a ton of things and I've taken pictures of most of it.  However, summer is rapidly coming to a close. Tomorrow is our official last day.  I report back on Monday and Amy will be returning to her classroom then as well to begin working.  Granted, school doesn't resume for another couple of weeks, but there are meetings to be had, classrooms to be set up, lessons to be written.  Oh, and let's not forget that little thing about all of the CHANGES coming for the Drosche family this school year.  Amy teaching 2nd (had I mentioned that?).  Me moving to a new school (I'm pretty sure I mentioned that).  And the kids being split between the two schools (I know I said that, right?).

Anywho, I'm back.  I thought what better way to mentally prepare for the end of summer and return to the real world than to relive the past summer here with you?  Catch up on the month-long break.  A recap of the adventures we've been on this past summer.  There have been some great ones, just you wait and see.  I'll walk you through July and all of her happenings so you can get back into the swing of things with me.  Hopefully the pleasant reminiscing of this awesome summer will help me transition back into school mode!  AAAHHH!

Oh and this post is also special not only because I'm back from break, but it marks the 500th post!  Woo hoo!  500!  Here's to 500 more!  :)

So, that's about it for now.  I'm back.  I missed you.  I'll leave you with a few pictures from today's adventure.  To end summer we headed down to Galveston to the beach!  Stella's first time at the beach to be more precise.  She loved it.  Splashing. Running around.  Eating the sand.  The boys had a blast too.  You could tell it was a great day because Amy and I enjoyed the car ride home in complete silence since they all fell asleep before we even left the island.  It was the perfect end to a great summer.  Tomorrow we relax and recover.

All is well, even with summer break ending, in Drosche Land.

Stella LOVED the beach and everything about it!  Definitely made us realize we need to get there more often!

My beautiful wife and I.

All 3!

Braeden and Jackson goofing off at lunch!

The girls enjoying lunch!

Me!  Seafood!

My girls!

Chocolate covered potato chips!  YUM!


The sign of a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment