"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Resolutions for 2013

Let's take a minute to look back a year ago.  Well, a year and 2 days ago to be exact.  What profound resolutions did I make?  What grandiose plans did I have for 2012?  What promises and improvements did I have in store for myself?

1 - Drink more water.  Eh.  I'm going to call it a draw since I didn't actually calculate or record this in any fashion.  I know I drank some.  Should I drink more?  Sure, I'm sure everyone should.  1 point for me!

2 - Take pictures.  Well let's see.  I took tons of pictures.  Just check my iPhone.  Or my Shutterfly account.  Tons I tell you.  I love it!  Especially with Stella here and taking her monthly pictures!  Which reminds me, she's due for a 7 month photo shoot, I'll have to get that done this weekend.  As for the details of this resolution.  Well I didn't finish the Project 365.  In fact, I just tried to check my account and I think it's been disabled for being inactive.  I can't even remember the last time I did this.  Oh well.  It was a lot to do.  Maybe another time.  As for taking a picture of Stella everyday, well I made it a few months.  Again, that was hard.  Of course I took tons of pictures of her, but it just dwindled.  Instead I have focused on her monthly pictures and have been super pleased.  I have done several photoaday challenges on Instagram!  Follow me and check them out.  Overall I think I get a point for this even though the two details fell by the wayside!  I still took a helluva lot of pictures in 2012!  2 points for me!

3 - Read more.  I read.  Lots.  I still want to read more often and, truth be told, it's been awhile since I read.  But this seems to be a great ongoing long-term goal.  3 points for me!

4 - Finish tiling.  1 point for the Resolutions, enough said.  Did you read about the chalkboard wall in yesterday's post?  :)

5 - Eat Healthier.  I ate.  Lots.  I ate healthy.  Lots.  But without significant qualifiers, who can be sure if it was healthier?  I'm sure it was.  I'm still working on getting my holiday 5 off from this past Christmas but who isn't right?  4 points for me!

So there you have it.  A 4/5.  80%.  A "C".  Ok, so it's not an "A" and it's not a "B".  But, it's also not a "D" or an "F"!  4/5 looks a lot better than 80% though doesn't it?  I think I'll stick with that.  4/5 for me!  Woo hoo!  

As for 2013, I'm not sure.  I don't know if I am going to make resolutions.  I always end up confused and unsure of what to say.  Then I always end up making general ones that are similar to the ones from the previous year.  So, I think I'm just going to skip it (gasp!) for this year.  Instead, I think I'll focus on God and my family.  In that order too so the priorities are right.  I think if I can even do moderately well with this, 2013 will be just fine and everything else will fall in line.  

So, what about you?  Did you make resolutions?  Did you not?  Are you tired of resolutions?  They're a lot of pressure.  And for what?  So, God and my family.  That's for me.  Hope you are gearing up for a great 2013!

All is well, resolved once more, in Drosche Land.  

No comments:

Post a Comment